HO HO Busses in Baltic

Hi there. Does anyone know if it would be easy to get on the HOHO bus in ports from a Baltic Cruise? I'm thinking about Amsterdam, Helsinki, Stockholm and Copenhagen.

I don't know if we should book a tour in these ports or just tour around by ourselves.

Kate

In Amsterdam we have done a HOHO bus which included a canal cruise. We also did one in Copenhagen as it stopped right outside our ship.

In Stockholm we had an overnight, so bought a 24 hour travel card which was great. We used it on buses, trams and the ferries. I've never been to Helsinki, so can't help there.

I've taken HO-HO busses in several cities around the world, including Tallinn, Estonia. They have all been the same type of vehicle, so I hope this info is correct for the cities you are looking at.

All of them had wide entrances that are low to the ground, but did require a small step up. There were handles to grab on to.

In one city, my friend had a scooter, and they had him use the rear door; I didn't notice if there was special equipment for him to ride in on. He closed up the scooter and parked it, then took a regular seat.

There is an upstairs level, open to the air (and views), but a narrow, circular staircase to get there. The bus also has downstairs seating, including a space for a wheelchair to park, with someone sitting in the chair. There are large windows for viewing.

Some of the seats require one high step up to climb into, while others do not.

I like to take Ho-Ho busses because I get a decent overview of an area. I generally take them around twice, changing sides of the bus the second time around. Sometimes the narrative is a bit different the second go-round, too.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

We took the HoHo busses at all of the ports except for Tallin and St. Pete, where we had guides.

All of the busses had a rear ramp that folded out. Some of them needed a bit of coaxing but my husband had them folded out before the driver even got back there. Not all of the busses had the same seating position and some of them were difficult to see the sights from where I was. Even so, it was a great way to see the cities.

• 1 month later...

I would advise contacting the individual HOHO operators re accessibility. I did that this spring and found some were accessible and some were not. Even with the ones that said they were accessible, we found that not "all" of their busses were accessible.