Carnival Paradise debarkment procedure in Havana?

geovet

i will be doing a private tour in Cuba not through Carnival. What is the process for getting off the ship. I understand that they have numbers or letters called out for when you can leave.

How and when do you get your ticket?

Where do you wait?

Any priority for platinum?

Thanks

Do not recall numbers being called. You did have to go through custums in Havanna. They took your Visa, took your picture and stamped your passport. Took a couple of minutes a person, had a long line

We have an early excursion. Can you return to the ship and go back out again later?

Yes you can return to the ship and go out again

I'm not sure but I think you would have to go through Customs all over again. I don't recall any place that you could get back outside without going through Customs.

We were on the second cruise into Havana. It may have changed since then, but we did receive a letter to our cabin, the prior evening, with instructions for priority debarking in the port. The gangway was quite narrow, actually scary for me, being high from the ground and somewhat shaky with a switchback. Customs is quite a process, along with the money exchange. Take patience. It was a wonderful trip, regardless! Enjoy!

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Addition

What deck level do you exit off the boat for the ports?

For Cuba, it's Deck 5 Main Deck. At all costs, avoid cabins M62 and M56. They removed the cabin between those two to facilitate debarkation. If you look at the deck plans, there is a empty space there.

On the night before we arrived in Cuba, we noticed that there was a x-ray belt and scanner sitting right outside our cabin. The following morning we left our cabin and found that they had blocked off the hallway right by our cabin. We had to go all the way back to the back elevators, cross over and come all the way back to the front elevators where we could exit the ship. It was one of those "You can't get there from here things."

The worst part was everyone had to be back onboard by 5 AM the following morning. Around 2 AM, the passengers started coming back on and were not quiet at all. At 6 AM the crew started tearing down the x-ray belt and scanner and stowing it away in that area. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep that night.

What deck level do you exit off the boat (ship) for the ports?

For Key West, and Cozumel - you debark on the crew gangway on Deck 3.

When debarking in Havana, Cuba guests may be surprised that they will not be heading down to the regular pier side gangway located on Deck 3 but rather heading to Deck 5 (Main Deck) instead.

Due to the limited infrastructure issues in Havana a special "Cuba Hatch" was installed (cut out) of what was both cabins M58 and M60.

Here we see the lovely Susan Marie pointing the way ashore to Havana to the "Cuba Hatch."

20841044_1937866933149942_6716949651759087665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7153c91fa1dd728a516f54c18c45c026&oe=5BEA8E25

20728063_1937867036483265_1603468811416861864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=523682056f6d6155e089f4c37201f6a1&oe=5BA602EC

• 3 weeks later...