Deck plan - Main deck Zuiderdam

gailellen12

Good morning: I am looking at the deck plan for the Main Deck of the Zuiderdam and was wondering what the grey area shown from the Atrium toward the back on the deck would be? The ocean view cabins across would be D 1084 to 1103 approx. thanks in advance for any information

I don't know, but on an old deck plan I see it sub-divided into a half-dozen or so smaller spaces, so my guess would be just little-used general storage. Maybe somebody like Copper 10-8 who works on HAL ships will see this and have a better idea.

Having stayed in E1115 (Oosterdam) and K1116 (Westerdam, Nieuw Amsterdam) I can tell you that they are crew cabins. In the center area there is one larger room that I believe is a lounge. I could occsionally hear music. Also when in K1116, there is a door to a crew corridor from the elevator lobby, and lots of smoke wafted out of there, even when guests were not permitted to smoke in cabins. The white space forward of the aft stairway is probably exhaust chase from the funnel. EM