renting a jeep-pay to use beaches?

sazzifrazz

We are thinking of renting a jeep for the day in July. I checked coastal and for rental noon-8pm was $115 due to the fees. Are their other places near port to rent from? If we do rent a car are there specific beaches we should plan to see? Mullet? Simpson? Is there plenty of parking? Would we have to pay to park? Is traffic terrible? We arrive in port at noon and leave at 8pm. Does anyone have a driving trip sketched out that you care to share?

We are thinking of renting a jeep for the day in July. I checked coastal and for rental noon-8pm was $115 due to the fees. Are their other places near port to rent from? If we do rent a car are there specific beaches we should plan to see? Mullet? Simpson? Is there plenty of parking? Would we have to pay to park? Is traffic terrible? We arrive in port at noon and leave at 8pm. Does anyone have a driving trip sketched out that you care to share?
I would strongly suggest you take a taxi instead. We were in St Martin yesterday, and even though we were the only ship in port traffic was crazy. Roads are very narrow, and traffic regulations are treated as suggestions and seldom heeded! The taxi system is well regulated with standard rates. We went all the way to Mullet Bay (about a 30 minute drive) for $10 per person each way plus tip. Most beaches are closer and cheaper. We asked our driver to come back at 2 pm for us and he was there15 minutes early waiting.

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Just got back and rented with Hertz, we had a Jeep came to $105 includes all taxes and fees. They were cheaper the coastal. They had a 2 door also for $15 less. The roads are fine, drove to some tourist areas they are starting to open. Orient beach is going to take some time. Grand case had some lolo bbq places open. Sarafinas is gone, Mullet bay excellent and 3 larger planes landing at the airport.

• 1 month later...