MSC Meeting & Mingle

asctony

Just got off the Divina. Attended the M&M. Very nice as drinks and apps were served. Senior Staff met with guests and talked individually with many of the guest. MSC did a very good job of setting this up.

The one suggestion I have is:

At the beginning of the M&M why not have each guest:

1. Intro themselves (Name and CC Name so we can place a face to whom we talked to on-line.)

2. Where you are from (City & State)

3. Are you looking to share a tour with someone (Get together after the M&M and talk about possible tour share.)

Just make it short, but then you could maybe identify someone you recognize from on-line.

This would break the ice and maybe be a little more friendly.

Just got off the Divina. Attended the M&M. Very nice as drinks and apps were served. Senior Staff met with guests and talked individually with many of the guest. MSC did a very good job of setting this up.

The one suggestion I have is:

At the beginning of the M&M why not have each guest:

1. Intro themselves (Name and CC Name so we can place a face to whom we talked to on-line.)

2. Where you are from (City & State)

3. Are you looking to share a tour with someone (Get together after the M&M and talk about possible tour share.)

Just make it short, but then you could maybe identify someone you recognize from on-line.

This would break the ice and maybe be a little more friendly.

Good ideas.

We were at a M&M last year and similar was brought up. Also, there was another really good one - Using a composite cork globe (or easier to pack, a cork paper map) and colored pins (magnets ones for the globe), as you enter, and sign in, mark your location.

Also, the CC Member Alias would also be a plus for simple name tags.

Like the ideas, but I’ve been told on other cruiseline - do not talk about non cruiseline excursions as a group until ship personnel are gone. We want them to continue to be helpful and cooperative with the meet and mingles.

Agree, however, if you mention the port tour just to tweek others who may be interested. Then after the M&M, get together.

Good ideas.

We were at a M&M last year and similar was brought up. Also, there was another really good one - Using a composite cork globe (or easier to pack, a cork paper map) and colored pins (magnets ones for the globe), as you enter, and sign in, mark your location.

Also, the CC Member Alias would also be a plus for simple name tags.

Good idea, but maybe time consuming as people would not associate name with face?

Tony hope you had a wonderful cruise...

Is Marco Massa still the captain and Wesley still organising everything? Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a great time. We just enjoy cruising! We are small eaters so food is not a big issue.

The Capt. was Captian Francesco Di Palma who was also on in Nov 2017.

Don't recall Wesley at all, sorry. Hotel Director and CD were new to us. I can't recall their names and their phots are not on the MSC site.

We had a great time. We just enjoy cruising! We are small eaters so food is not a big issue.

The Capt. was Captian Francesco Di Palma who was also on in Nov 2017.

Don't recall Wesley at all, sorry. Hotel Director and CD were new to us. I can't recall their names and their phots are not on the MSC site.

All change for the Divina crew then. Glad you had a great time I can’t wait for 2 weeks in Bellissima YC in April 2019 only 413 days to go [emoji25]

It would also be helpful for all to get an invitation. We unfortunately didn't get one and had no idea when it would be. We happened to see signs for it, but were informed the event was already over. Was kind of bummed since I was one of the top posters in the group

It would also be helpful for all to get an invitation. We unfortunately didn't get one and had no idea when it would be. We happened to see signs for it, but were informed the event was already over. Was kind of bummed since I was one of the top posters in the group

This does happen. In fact we did not get our Black Card Party invite and missed that. We knew those who said they did include us, however, the delivery service must have delayed them or sent them to the wrong cabin. Been to so many it is like they say in Jamaica 'Poo Poo happens, Man!' LOL

We didn’t chat to anyone apart from the crew and ourselves! This is on Seaside about an hour ago! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is totally different than the other cruise lines M&M. People introduce themselves, then get together after the formal meeting to socialize.

This is totally different than the other cruise lines M&M. People introduce themselves, then get together after the formal meeting to socialize.

I was on a Celebrity cruise last Nov and no one talked or mingled much. Very quick get up and leave when the officers stopped talking. Also the only RCCL one that I attended, those that knew each other all ready talked among themselves, and no attempt to meet or mingle with the other half that did not know anyone.