Alaska nb on Royal aug 2019

Michelle c

Hello all,

I just booked the Alaska NB with the IA5 land tour for Aug. 2019. Very excited. We have not cruised with Princess yet but with several other lines. I booked us on the Aloha deck. Hoping this was a good choice. I am just starting to soak up everything Princess to learn what I can. Any insights on ship and deck I picked would be great. Also anything that would be different from the other lines I have cruised (Royal, NCL, Celebrity & Carnival)? Anything on our Alaska voyage also. We are the type that a vacation is what you make of it.

we have travelled several time to Alaska and also several times on the Royal. Loved both. The Royal has a wonderful Horizon Bistro for healthier choices as well as the Horizon Court for buffet eating style. The layout of the buffet areas is sooooo improved from their older ships.

Hello all,

I just booked the Alaska NB with the IA5 land tour for Aug. 2019. Very excited. We have not cruised with Princess yet but with several other lines. I booked us on the Aloha deck. Hoping this was a good choice. I am just starting to soak up everything Princess to learn what I can. Any insights on ship and deck I picked would be great. Also anything that would be different from the other lines I have cruised (Royal, NCL, Celebrity & Carnival)? Anything on our Alaska voyage also. We are the type that a vacation is what you make of it.

Here is my review of the Royal Princess (Dec 2017) which has lots of pictures of the ship (it was a Caribbean cruise) ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2575145

Here is my review of my Alaska cruise, which was on the Emerald Princess last month ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2640768

If you have an outside cabin on the Aloha deck, you need to check and see if pax on the sea walk can look down on your balcony. The sea walk extends out over the side of the ship and has a partial glass floor. Pax with balcony cabins under the sea walk have to be careful what they wear and do on their balcony. Definitely not a good time to join the balcony club :evilsmile:

Also anything that would be different from the other lines I have cruised (Royal, NCL, Celebrity & Carnival)?

You might want to go to the Princess web site brochure ordering page and download the "Cruise Answer Book." https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/brochureRequest.page

This will answer many questions you may have about cruising on Princess.