St Thomas excursion help

Coachpick

We will be going on a RCI oasis cruise in June. We have figured out our Bahamas and St Maarten excursions but need help with St Thomas. We will have an 11 and 7 year old we are looking to take on some kind of snorkeling trip. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Have you checked out viator.com? I was on there briefly and it looked like it had some good suggestions. We are also cruising in April at the same ports as you. What did you decide on at Nassau and st Maarten. Our kids are close in age. 11 and 8!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be going on a RCI oasis cruise in June. We have figured out our Bahamas and St Maarten excursions but need help with St Thomas. We will have an 11 and 7 year old we are looking to take on some kind of snorkeling trip. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Also check the port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

I've only stopped in St. Thomas once, about ten years ago. We did a snorkel excursion on the Jolly Roger. Trip went to Turtle Island for snorkeling and then a tasty bbq lunch on Water Island. Rum punch and beer. Fun sail from pier and back on a rebuilt little schooner. Crew were professional and fun. If they're still in business, give them a try.

Smooth sailing 🚢

Take the ferry over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay. Beautiful beach and reef trail you can follow.

We are thinking about the all inclusive st johns beach and snorkel. Glad to hear trunk bay is okay. Anyone have Intel on this tour?

We have it booked in April. I will post when I get back. We haven't been there since our first cruise in 1980. We did a ship's tour then and the day was amazing. Since then we mostly do private excursions, but for this port I got a discount and booked it so I wouldn't have to worry about transportation.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone give me thoughts on Sapphire beach Snorkeling?

I've snorkeled at Magens Bay (don't bother - murky water, very little to see), Coki and Sapphire. Coki is has a fairly narrow beach with okay snorkeling and a dive shop. We like Sapphire best (so far). It is fairly quiet, the snorkeling is good. I've played with sea turtles and enjoyed it there. They also have large land lizards back from the beach on the resort grounds. Take a cab and they'll come back for you at whatever time you set. It's about a 20 minute ride from the port.