Pride Dining time question

pacruise804

My husband and I will be sailing on the Pride in February and have early dining (6:00 PM). We have usually had anytime/my time/your time dining but wanted to try traditional for this cruise.

We recently returned from a Princess cruise where we also selected 6:00 traditional dining and then found out traditional dining was 5:30 and 7:45, not 6:00 and 8:00. This was earlier than we wanted to eat some evenings and we felt rushed to get ready in time because we didn't want to hold up our table mates. Late seating at 7:45 would probably have worked better for us, but we didn't know that at the time (and were concerned that 8:00 would be too late for the second show).

Does Carnival usually stick to their posted dining preference times or do they vary? We would still like to try traditional dining for several reasons, and 6:00 would work with our port times, but would prefer not much before then. Late dining at 8:15 is later than we would want to eat, but might consider it.

Also, are there usually two show times on Pride cruises or just one?

Thanks!

The MDR doesn't open until 6 for assigned seating, deck 2. Anytime dining opens at 5:45 deck 3. There are two shows in the Taj Mahal when scheduled, but we feel the other events work better with early dinning, example: Dive in Movie starts at 7:30.

We've sailed Pride three times and never had our early seating changed to 5:30. However, we did have it happen to us on Miracle a few years back when we went to Alaska. When we booked, early seating was 6:00 but Carnival changed it to 5:30 because "our Alaska guests want to eat earlier." Obviously they didn't ask us.:( We tried to switch to YTD but it was already closed. We put up with 5:30, but agree it's too early. As I understand, the current Journeys cruise on Carnval Freedom has 5:30 early dining.