Star princess drydock

blambition

Oops, wrong link, here's the correct one to the Star.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/star-princess

Thanks all for the updates. I've consolidated and put on this website

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/ship-stats

Edited by runnerodb83
wrong link

I just booked a 2019 sailing on the Star so looking forward to the new photos and updates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on the December 16-19, 2017 three night sailing from Vancouver to L.A. and that is the first sailing after the dry dock. I will be posting video and pictures of the Star Princess post dry dock on my youtube.com channel: Cruise Addict, once I get home on December 20. Best Regards, Robert

Sorry to hear from Pam that the Star is in such "need". Hopefully the dry dock will bring her back to life.Star is my favorite Princess ship. I will be on her shortly after dry dock (Jan 18) and will report back.

We were on the same cruise. Unlike Pam, we did not find anything "in need" on the ship condition-wise. Everything was fine in our cabin, all of the elevators we rode (not often) were all in working order. We didn't have the new "luxury bed" mattresses, but, the ones we had were comfortable and in good condition. We did notice new mattresses being loaded as we disembarked (not unusual that they would phase them in over a few cruises prior to dry dock). Food quality is about the only thing that we found that had fallen off in several of the meals we had. Other than that and the PES lounge drinks (that is a whole other thread) you should be happy with the Star after dry dock.

Edit: I did find the Internet to be much faster this cruise than in the past. A good thing in my book.

I also just got off the Star, and took the UST. In addition to all the other items mentioned, we were told that all the air vents and ducting in the bathrooms will be completely cleaned. Each stateroom will also be receiving some attention, based on need.

I was also impressed with the internet speed. I used it on seadays, during times I figured many others would be connected, and rarely experienced slow speeds. It made the 250 free minutes a worthwhile perk!

Thanks to all, and especially runner for your website content - we are on the Star next year and eagerly look forward to the updates. We've sailed here before and as long as the IC stays (which of course it will) and the cabins get a refresh (we're in a mini, so looking forward to the new tubs), we'll be happy. :)

watching the island princess drama leaving a day late from dry dock. should i be concerned about the star? i'm guessing the 12/19 15 day hi is probably ok, but the 3 day vancouver-la on 12/16 is possibly suspect.

fingers crossed for on time everything.

Edited by vampiress

Does anyone have information as to when this is scheduled and what they are planning to do to the ship? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Star on 29 Nov 17. Saw a lot of mattress on the pier being loaded on board. The ships interior was in great shape, only minor fixed needed. Exterior need some paint. So maybe some updates to the specialty restaurants. But nothing major needed.

We had a great 15 day cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, however that weather could have been warmer.

Husband is working on the dry dock. He spends a lot of time in the Bahamas doing dry docks and tends to get very hot as the air con is mostly kept off. Needless to say, on this one, he's getting cold as there's no heating!

Watch for a different view from the bridge cam 09:00 PDT on Tuesday morning. Star is being towed from the dry dock over to the regular cruise ship dock in Victoria. It is there that the final refit work will take place, prior to her heading over to Vancouver to embark passengers for the southbound trip to LA.