Any opinions on Oasis/Allure balcony cabin 6666?

Other than the cabin number itself (:evilsmile:!), I think 6666 is a great location!

When I sailed on Oasis, I had chosen a deck 6 oceanview balcony cabin 6678 because I wanted to be nearer the water. It was very near the aft elevator lobby. Boardwalk was just to the aft and the lobby overlooked the Royal Promenade one deck down. I loved this location! Got to see/do many unplanned things simply because we were in the right place at the right time!

If I had to get to the forward part of the ship (grandson’s Adventure Ocean was on deck 14 forward), I would grab an elevator to Central Park deck 8 if one was coming or just go down the stairs to the Royal Promenade to cut through to the forward elevators.

While not a big deal on higher decks, it also was above the opening in the lifeboats so I could see straight down and watch the Kelvin wake patterns once we were underway.

As this view from 6678 shows, their are no lifeboats under the cabins in front of it until the bump out.

lifeboats-forward.jpg

I didn’t have any issues with noise or traffic a little further down the hallway with 6678 on Oasis but, since 6666 is in the hallway right off the aft elevator lobby, it’s possible you might experience some noise during the parades or parties from the Royal Promenade. I had a deck 6 cabin right off the aft elevator lobby on Independence and never had a problem but if there was a parade or party down in the Royal Promenade, I was there and not in my cabin.

~ Judy

Is it noisy? High-traffic?

Is appears that it is not above the lifeboats...is that correct?

I would NEVER book a cabin right over the Royal Promenade..too noisy..parades, bands playing, noises...UNLESS you go to sleep after midnight every night, you will hear noise..I always book decks 7, 8, or 9 if possible..much quieter for this light sleeper :D

Big Al

Thank you for the feedback! This is a relatively "last minute" cruise, and choice of cabins is limited. We usually love deck 6 for its convenience and that it is low to the water. We also like being close to the elevator lobby. The last time we sailed Allure, we were on deck 10 midship, and found that it was tiring to get to the different venues - a lot of walking!

I would NEVER book a cabin right over the Royal Promenade..too noisy..parades, bands playing, noises...UNLESS you go to sleep after midnight every night, you will hear noise..I always book decks 7, 8, or 9 if possible..much quieter for this light sleeper :D

Big Al

Hi Al!

Thank you for the feedback! This is a relatively "last minute" cruise, and choice of cabins is limited. We usually love deck 6 for its convenience and that it is low to the water. We also like being close to the elevator lobby. The last time we sailed Allure, we were on deck 10 midship, and found that it was tiring to get to the different venues - a lot of walking!

Hi Al!

Hi Donna!! :cool: