Latest check-in time for Oct 8th Koningsdam?

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

I hope I am asking in the "right" place. We are on Koningsdam out of Citavecchia (Rome) on October 8th. Ship scheduled to leave port at 6pm. We want to do some sightseeing earlier that day and wondered what is the latest time we could embark? I have tried the SEARCH function here without success and am still unable to load HA website ( very long story!).

Thanks very much for any help. Am reluctant to purchase early entry Vatican Museum tickets without knowing our timeline.

Laura

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

I hope I am asking in the "right" place. We are on Koningsdam out of Citavecchia (Rome) on October 8th. Ship scheduled to leave port at 6pm. We want to do some sightseeing earlier that day and wondered what is the latest time we could embark? I have tried the SEARCH function here without success and am still unable to load HA website ( very long story!).

Thanks very much for any help. Am reluctant to purchase early entry Vatican Museum tickets without knowing our timeline.

Laura

Ye, be back by 4:00, you need to attend the boat drill at 4:30pm..

Thank you Sir PMP and Cruiser Bruce. I am allowing 90 minutes travel time from our centrally located hotel to the ship so thinking this will work out. Planning on the 2 hour Early Entry Express Vatican Museum tour, look at the Basilica and then get back to the hotel by noon which should give us enough time. I know it isn't ideal to really see the Vatican but it is all we can do on this trip. Thanks again!

So much can go wrong with Rome's traffic. You don't want to be stuck in stalled traffic trying to get to the station. I know you want to see the Vatican. Is there any chance of going a day earlier? That way you could have more time at the Vatican to see it properly without being under the stress of clock watching. It's just a thought.

Thank you Sir PMP and Cruiser Bruce. I am allowing 90 minutes travel time from our centrally located hotel to the ship so thinking this will work out. Planning on the 2 hour Early Entry Express Vatican Museum tour, look at the Basilica and then get back to the hotel by noon which should give us enough time. I know it isn't ideal to really see the Vatican but it is all we can do on this trip. Thanks again!

Why don't you take the train from the Vatican (stazione San Pietro) to Civitavecchia, they leave every half hour and lasts 45 minutes. There is a schedule outside the ticket office. The platform is in the middle..

Thank you for the tips! Unfortunately, the Vatican Museums are not open on Sundays . To take the train from the Vatican directly to the ship means we would have 8 pieces of luggage with us for the Museum tour which would be too much for us. I realize traffic is unpredictable but believe 4 hours will be sufficient to check out of hotel and get to ship by 4pm. Hoping this will not turn out to be " famous last words"! Thanks again and Ciao!