Flight prices question

Norfolkhall

Hello everyone I have booked a cruise on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the sea for 2019 the flights are not available yet as regards to their times and prices.

So Royal Caribbean have charged me £361 per person return from Manchester to Rome what happens if the flight times are unacceptable or I can find other flights at substantially less money am I still obligated to take their cruise fly options or can I alter the holiday to cruise only.?

That sounds expensive to me.... but it does have the benefit that they would look after you if your flight was cancelled or delayed and assume it comes with transfers as well

Personally I’d book my own flights on a route like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can cancel the flight portion before final payment is due if you find better flights...which most folks are able to do.

OP is from the UK, so that might not be the case.

£361 is seriously heavy. And RCI use their own pet airlines (beg pardon, their own "preferred air partners") - if that airline doesn't have direct Manchester to Rome flights even though other airlines do, they'll route you via Paris or Amsterdam or Wherever.

Well worth checking whether you can cancel the flights penalty-free.

As les posts, if you book your own flights you're best to fly out a day early in case of delay. But savings on the airfares will cover a night or two in a Rome hotel - and give you a chance to explore Rome rather than just the strip of tarmac between airport & the port of Civi .

JB :)

OP is from the UK, so that might not be the case.

£361 is seriously heavy. And RCI use their own pet airlines (beg pardon, their own "preferred air partners") - if that airline doesn't have direct Manchester to Rome flights even though other airlines do, they'll route you via Paris or Amsterdam or Wherever.

Well worth checking whether you can cancel the flights penalty-free.

As les posts, if you book your own flights you're best to fly out a day early in case of delay. But savings on the airfares will cover a night or two in a Rome hotel - and give you a chance to explore Rome rather than just the strip of tarmac between airport & the port of Civi .

JB :)

Pay attention to this - particularly about the "night or two" in Rome. It is insane to fly to get to Civita Vecchia and not give yourself at least a couple of days for Rome.

Pay attention to this - particularly about the "night or two" in Rome. It is insane to fly to get to Civita Vecchia and not give yourself at least a couple of days for Rome.
Your right! If I can save on the flights it'll pay for a stay in Rome. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That sounds expensive to me.... but it does have the benefit that they would look after you if your flight was cancelled or delayed and assume it comes with transfers as well

Personally I’d book my own flights on a route like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No.. transfers are on top at £157.67 for the both of us both ways.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk