Post modern jukebox (new entertainment currently being tested on eurodam)

jenp123

Of course they can; they did so successfully for many years until things started getting earlier and earlier for closings. There was a time all the lounges had something, of a different style, in every lounge until at least midnight. There was plenty to keep everyone out at night, and people did stay out.

Now, the classical music venue closes down early, the Ocean Bar, and on many ships the Crow's Nest has nothing.

If you aren't seeing a trend of less and less in the later evening, you may not be aware of what used to be offered.

They don't stagger the entertainment, either. On Amsterdam, the Ocean Bar group and Adagio always seemed to play at the same time and then there would be a time with no entertainment other than the show, especially on the nights the Band was needed in the showroom.

Sadly, the Ocean Bar group were so bad that the place rarely had many passengers. The singer was tone-deaf. :eek: (that's the closest smilie I could find to hands over ears!!)

Just off of the Oosterdam, and the Billboard Onboard performers were taking and playing requests (even during the non-All Request sets!). The same was true last year on the Koningsdam!

Mark

Not on ours, sooo glad to hear some of the piano bar players are willing to cater to the crowd and not to the boss in the sky!! Looking forward to more flexibility at the piano bar!

They don't stagger the entertainment, either. On Amsterdam, the Ocean Bar group and Adagio always seemed to play at the same time and then there would be a time with no entertainment other than the show, especially on the nights the Band was needed in the showroom.

Sadly, the Ocean Bar group were so bad that the place rarely had many passengers. The singer was tone-deaf. :eek: (that's the closest smilie I could find to hands over ears!!)

Sorry to hear the group in the Ocean Bar was bad. When we were on the O in May/June the Ocean Bar Trio was one of the best we have ever heard. I complimented their performances several times and the bass player asked me to let management know how we felt. He was confident that groups of this type were on the way to being phased out. We have fingers crossed that when we sail in Dec. on the Eurodam our favorite music will exist in the Ocean Bar. :D

Not on ours, sooo glad to hear some of the piano bar players are willing to cater to the crowd and not to the boss in the sky!! Looking forward to more flexibility at the piano bar!

Like many other forms of live entertainment, it comes down to the performers themselves. I guess we've been really lucky with Rachel & Jordan on the Oosterdam and Emily & Clayton on the Koningsdam.

Sorry to hear the group in the Ocean Bar was bad. When we were on the O in May/June the Ocean Bar Trio was one of the best we have ever heard. I complimented their performances several times and the bass player asked me to let management know how we felt. He was confident that groups of this type were on the way to being phased out. We have fingers crossed that when we sail in Dec. on the Eurodam our favorite music will exist in the Ocean Bar. :D

It broke my heart to hear how bad she was. The three musicians seemed good, but we couldn't stand the singer. This is the first time we've had a bad group in the Ocean Bar. I always make a point of mentioning them when we're on a ship that has them. And when we're on a ship that doesn't, I always say "bring back the Neptunes!" We've heard some wonderfully talented musicians in those groups. Good jazz, and when they play dance music, people get up and dance. Maybe if all the fans of the Ocean Bar groups bought more drinks, HAL would keep them.