Question for those who have used the "Ultimate Dining" package on Oasis

I have a few questions/concerns over my deluxe dining purchase. I know I need to reserve my dinner reservations once on board the ship. My concern is that I already have my entertainment booked and am wondering if it will be difficult finding times to accommodate that in the specialty restaurant system. I do not mind eating early, but would hate having a dinner at 10 pm. Also, the sea day lunch allotment, does that need to be scheduled as well, or are walk ins allowed? And finally, is embarkation day considered a "sea day" for the purpose of a lunch option under the plan? I see several of the specialty restaurants are open for lunch that day. Thanks in advance for your help in calming my anxiety over this. I usually have things pre-planned and paid for way before the cruise. Giving up control for the discount offered in the plan was a tough one, but with all the options on the Oasis, I couldn't pass it up.

We had the ultimate package on Oasis in September 2017. When we got on board around 1:00 we went to Chops, where we made dinner reservations at various restaurants for the entire week. We had our show times in hand. When we got to one particular night, the scheduling didn’t work for for the restaurant and time we wanted and the restaurant host made some on the spot changes.

I think we made lunch reservations in advance, but the restaurants were not busy. We also tweaked our dining schedule during the week without any problem.

At the time, the Ultimate package was just introduced so the restaurants may be busier now.

I didn’t think we could use the package on boarding day, but I have read on these boards since then that you can. We just went to Park Cafe for lunch.

We really enjoyed the Ultimate package and have already purchased it for our next Oasis Cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Boarding day is tough as many of the restaurants are not open for lunch. If one is you might be able to get them to let you use it.

We didn't have any trouble getting the restaurants we wanted close to the times we needed all week either

Enjoy!