Need Handicap Room

landlady1952

Good morning. I have a dilemma and hope someone might know the answer or have some advice. We are booked on the GEM in March thru CAS. I recently had hip surgery and although I think I will be fine to go, I do think I would be better off in a handicapped room. We are currently booked in a balcony room. Do you think it possible for me to call CAS and tell them I need a handicapped room? Although there aren't any currently available on site, will they move someone out of a handicapped room for me? Of course only looking to move someone who really doesn't need one. I know sometimes people book rooms and cannthen be moved if necessary. Any thoughts or advice? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can call and ask if they can see any accessible cabins available that are not showing up for you to see. But as far as them moving someone, I suppose it is possible if they just assigned a guarantee cabin.

It can never hurt to ask. That's the only way you'll know for sure. Hope you heal quickly!

Good morning. I have a dilemma and hope someone might know the answer or have some advice. We are booked on the GEM in March thru CAS. I recently had hip surgery and although I think I will be fine to go, I do think I would be better off in a handicapped room. We are currently booked in a balcony room. Do you think it possible for me to call CAS and tell them I need a handicapped room? Although there aren't any currently available on site, will they move someone out of a handicapped room for me? Of course only looking to move someone who really doesn't need one. I know sometimes people book rooms and cannthen be moved if necessary. Any thoughts or advice? TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in the process of booking for a March sailing on the Breakaway, I was offered a handicap Aft Facing cabin, for the same price as Guaranteed Balcony. It was under the stipulations that IF someone really needed the handicap cabin, I would be moved. So, call and ask.