Looking for Modest Hike on the S. Klondike Highway/Out of Skagway

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:09 PM.
Portland, OR
80 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
In a few weeks, my wife and I (late 30s) will be renting a car in Skagway, driving up the S. Klondike Highway, and are looking for recommendations for a modest hike.

Specifically, we are looking for something 1-3 miles that is especially scenic, quite remote, but not especially difficult. We hope to avoid the rush of Skagway, so are looking for something beyond White Pass.

Our planned driving route is to take the S. Klondike highway past Emerald lake, all the way up to the Alaskan Highway, go east to Jake's Corner, and then take Tagish Road (8) back to Carcross before turning south back to Skagway.

Any suggestions?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jeremiah is not currently on a cruise. Jeremiah would prefer to be on a cruise rather than where he's currently at...
Raleigh, N.C.
13,645 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Do you have Murray's Guide? When we rented a car, we stopped several places. We did not do any strenuous hikes, no more than half a mile. We never ran into any crowds even though we did not venture very far from the highway. One of my favorite places we stopped was a lake on the way up before we hit the border where we saw eagles fishing.

As for hikes that are longer, here's one possibility.