Pride NYE cruise review

DramaQueen22

DH and I really enjoyed our NYE cruise on the Pride. Let me give some details!

Day 1: Baltimore Embarkation. The ship was late getting back in, snarling traffic for anyone who tried to arrive much earlier than 1:30pm. Many were diverted from the lots, but we times it just right and were able to get in. We had to wait in line to check in, but it wasn't that bad at all. We received our Sail and Sign cards and off we went to the gangway! We went right to our cabin (4120) and got rid of our carry-ons. Next stop...that first on-board drink and a bit of exploring. Since we were late getting on, we opted for a quick snack of salad and a sandwich on the Lido. Dinner was at the regular time of 6pm. That first night was supposed to be Elegant, but most people hadn't received their luggage yet. Oh well...no big deal! Food was excellent. Our wait staff; led by Randy, was amazing and greeted us by name every single night. After dinner we went back to unpack and settle in before the welcome aboard show. We loved the big balloon drop and deck party!

Sea Days: It was COLD! No way to really sit on deck...even the covered section...without a jacket that first day. We stayed inside exploring or reading. Nice relaxing time. The second day was a bit warmer out there. Very windy though, no slides until we got to Freeport! We did room service for breakfast one day, and the Sea Day Brunch the next. Both were nice. The ship was rocking quite a bit on that second day with the high winds. We also did Tea Time the second day. While I enjoyed it, I wish there had been more servers. We only had one pass around with the various food items. We enjoyed the comedians and the Getaway Island shows.

Port Canaveral: we opted to tour the Kennedy Space Center. Unfortunately, it rained a bit and we were chilly. Not Carnival's fault though. We made the best of it and enjoyed our day. By the time we got back to the ship, the sun was coming out and it warmed up. I sat on the Lido with my book and a Ting Mojito and enjoyed a leisurely afternoon. People were finally able to get into the pools and it was fun watching the kids splash around.

Nassau: opted for a do it yourself day. Walked out to Junkanoo Beach and had a drink and conch fritters at Tiki Bikini Hut. My drink was not that great. Way too windy to sit on the beach. I did stick my toes in the water though! After that, we walked up to Graycliff for some chocolate and wandered around town a bit. Tried to do the Straw Market, but I honestly couldn't take the pushiness of the vendors.

Freeport: we had a snorkel excursion, Lovely boat ride out to the reef. Again, another fairly windy day. Hubby got in, but when I wanted to go in, I had a sort of panic attack and just coudn't do it. Loved snorkeling in Bermdua, but today was not my day. I enjoyed sitting in the sun on the catamaran and talking with the boat captain though, so it wasn't wasted time at all! The highlight of our trip came back on the ship that night when we ate at the Chef's Table. Amazing food from start to finish. There was only one small item I didn't care for. I would most definitely do this again.

Sea Day: cold again. No matter, we found things to do to keep up the relaxation! Enjoyed the comedian that night.

Debarkation: Ship docked early. We checked our bags and had a high number. We were off and on the road by noon. No problems for us!

Our favorite spot on the ship was Alchemy. Maria, Milan, and Marko were so much fun. The drinks were fantastic no matter what they crafted. We tried many of the menu items and had them design drinks for us too. I would cruise Carnival JUST for Alchemy!

Overall, the entertainment onboard was good. Really loved the 88 Keys show. Saffie and her staff did a great job of keeping a full ship busy and entertained. Love and Marriage show was a hoot!

We really had a great time...and are booking for a big family cruise with our kids and their significant others for 2019!

We were on this cruise as well! Despite the cold and windy weather, my family and I had a fabulous trip! Best place to be on those cold windy days down south was at the pool. It was pretty warm there under the dome and I was happy my kids got a chance to get in the water a bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How was Junkanoo beach?

Laura

It was clean the day we went. Two lifeguards were on duty, but I don't know if this is regular or only because of the rough currents that day. The water was very nice. Some seaweed on the beach, but nothing that would hurt your feet! It would have been nice to sit and enjoy the day there.

It was clean the day we went. Two lifeguards were on duty, but I don't know if this is regular or only because of the rough currents that day. The water was very nice. Some seaweed on the beach, but nothing that would hurt your feet! It would have been nice to sit and enjoy the day there.

Thanks. I have heard some things about it being dirty.

Laura