Crown Rivera deck aft rooms

somogirl

We received a free upgrade from an interior cabin on the Crown to R749 with portholes.

Our queen size bed configuration was located under the porthole windows which were recessed into the aft wall by about a foot. The area outboard from our cabin shown in the deck plan was a crew stairway (usable by passengers only in an emergency) but we never heard any noise from there. WiFi reception was poor requiring us to stand in the open doorway to get reception.

Because the door leading to the Terrace Pool would sometimes slam shut when passengers didn’t hold the door, the cabins closer to the door (R747/R750) were more susceptible to that noise.

Other than that issue the isolated location at the end of the hallway was a quiet location. It was conveniently located by the aft pool with the buffet one deck up and Sabatini’s & the great Adagio Bar above that deck.

However even the Emerald deck obstructed oceanview cabins provide more outside light than our porthole cabin. As a free upgrade it was better than an interior cabin to have some light but I wouldn’t pay too much for it.

I was in R747 once time and loved the location. The portholes let in natural light, which I prefer over the cave-like daytime darkness of an inside cabin.

There was an issue of hearing the door leading outside slamming when it closed, but I reported it to the passenger services desk, and maintenance crew came and adjusted the automatic closer, which resolved the issue.

The only other noise that bothered me was from overhead. That cabin is directly under an area where there were lounges and chairs set out by deck crew in the early morning hours (think 6AM!), and I could hear the furniture being moved. The noise did not wake me .... I tend to be a very early riser, usually wake up between 5 and 5:30am. If I chose to lay in bed a little while longer, I'd hear those noises.

I still loved the convenience of the location and would stay there again. However, if available, I would choose R749 or 748!! There's no furniture above them!!

We were in mini suites M231 and M233 on the Regal. Our three under six grandchildren were in M233

Our cabin

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_z.jpgOur Cabin

Their clothes are just grab, get dressed, and go!

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

The bunk beds pull down from the ceiling.

Our 2 1/2 yr old waking up after rolling out of sleeping in a bed for the first time instead of a crib landing on pillows placed on the floor and never waking up.

She still had a good night's sleep on the cabin floor.:)

38815275405_5f3f93a540_z.jpg

Howard

We were in mini suites M231 and M233 on the Regal. Our three under six grandchildren were in M233

Our cabin

24402925058_f3ff34a11a_z.jpgOur Cabin

Their clothes are just grab, get dressed, and go!

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

The bunk beds pull down from the ceiling.

Our 2 1/2 yr old waking up after rolling out of sleeping in a bed for the first time instead of a crib landing on pillows placed on the floor and never waking up.

She still had a good night's sleep on the cabin floor.:)

38815275405_5f3f93a540_z.jpg

Howard

I accidentally replied to the wrong post. But I've got three great grandchildren:D

Sorry

Howard