Majesty of the Seas vs. Carnival Liberty?

Jimigirl

Planning a trip to Orlando with our two kids, 9 and 12, the week before Easter (second-guessing the timing on this but that's when our spring break is). Would like to add a short cruise and it looks like my best options from Orlando are to the Bahamas on either the the RC Majesty of the Seas or Carnival Liberty. They are both older, smaller lines. We've been on the Carnival once before in CA and enjoyed it. Might enjoy trying something different but sounds like the food on Majesty isn't that great. So, I'm deciding between doing a similar cruise to what we've done before or trying something different that might be disappointing...My head is swimming in numbers and departure dates, flights, etc. Any feedback or insights will be much appreciated! Thank you!

Welcome o Cruise Critic.

If you have not done this already you may also want to ask on the RCI board what people think of the Majesty and on the Carnival Board what people think of the Liberty.

There is also a member review section on Cruise Critic and you may want to read recent reviews on each ship.

Keith

Having sailed on Liberty in August and Majesty in December, I would recommend Liberty. I took a break from Carnival in 2014 and Liberty was my first one back. Liberty and her crew impressed me greatly, and I would sail on her again in a heartbeat. Majesty was a good ship as well, but Liberty beat her in every way.