What software

smoothdancer

• 2 weeks later...

Adobe Premier Elements for the video portion, and Adobe Elements for the stills. The two work very well together, and produce a very nice 16:9 aspect DVD, as well as Windows Media Player, Flash Movies, or Quicktime movies. These two programs are very powerful, but not real easy to learn.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a related question. My Canon DV camera can record in 16x9. I have tried MS Moviemaker, Photo Dazzle, Muvee Producer, etc. Does anyone know of any video software that will let you download in 16x9, edit movie, and then burn DVD in 16x9? We have a HDTV, and I would like to take advantage of the larger format video the camera produces. If I hook the camera up to the TV directly, I can see the tape played in 16x9. I just want to be able to edit the tape and burn to DVD in 16x9 too.

Thanks

I have a related question. My Canon DV camera can record in 16x9. I have tried MS Moviemaker, Photo Dazzle, Muvee Producer, etc. Does anyone know of any video software that will let you download in 16x9, edit movie, and then burn DVD in 16x9? We have a HDTV, and I would like to take advantage of the larger format video the camera produces. If I hook the camera up to the TV directly, I can see the tape played in 16x9. I just want to be able to edit the tape and burn to DVD in 16x9 too.

Thanks

See my post above. Adobe Premier Elements will do it, as well as Dolby Digital and 5.1 sound! It works very well with my Canon DV. It will also handle HD video if you got the bucks for a HD camera.

Thanks

I've used Movie Maker, Pinacle, Adobe Premier Pro and Sony Vegas.

Movie Maker is the easiest to use, but has the least amount of power and features.

Premier Pro will do 16x9 but needs a lot of horsepower and is very difficult to learn. In that power comes features, many of which I don't need.

Pinacle kept locking up my computer. It was an older version and that may have something to do with it.

Sony Vegas is my latest editor. It's smooth, fast and easy to learn. It can handle 16x9 as that's all I shoot now. I created a master AVI file and used Nero to burn it to DVD with menus. I think that's what I'll use from now on.

Guest KimberlyB

We run our old school Canon digital video recorder through a MAC (G5) and use the iLife tools iMovie and iDVD to create movies and dvds. The tools are easy as pie to use and we get high quality results every single time. "Think Different" is right! :)

:D

Ok, now that I have your attention (that can be a 6 figure package, fyi).

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0.

I've heard some good things about Avid Xpresss DV (NOT a 6 figure package), and there is also avid 'free dv' available.

AVID is a serious video editing product family. For most 'home videos' what you all have been discussing works fine. You might find that Free DV is worth a look.

http://www.avid.com/freedv/index.asp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://www.bluefish444.com/

Crash in the Mac realm is what the bank account does when one gets the bill for the overpriced hardware. :D

Would that be the hardware that comes with the free iLife suite? Or the one that has a longer shelf life than most PCs? Or the one without all of the security issues and viruses?

(Hint: all of the above)

Thanks

You might want to try Video Wave by Roxio. I have v7 but there is a newer version. I have found it quite easy to use.

• 3 weeks later...
You might want to try Video Wave by Roxio. I have v7 but there is a newer version. I have found it quite easy to use.

I use Roxio's Easy Media Creator 9, which has the latest Video Wave. It is a very user friendly program with great results. I have a Sony Handicam DVD camera that shoots in 16:9 with surround sound and I am very happy with my results. The program does tend to be a little "quirky" but it is much easier in my opinion than Sony Vegas or Premier.

You can download a free trial but realize some of the features will not work on the trial. Here is a link:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/promotions/landing/creator_trial/

And after you download the trial, here is a quick demo someone on the message board put together:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=15366

Archived