Liberty of the Seas - video diary of last week's cruise

London

I'm just back from a week around the Caribbean on Liberty of the Seas - my video cruise diary is here http://travel.sky.com/inspiration/blogs/1223984540728_609.

It includes interviews with the captain and chief engineer, as well as looks around the ship and at the two ports of call (St Maarten and Labadee - we missed Puerto Rico because of Hurricane Omar).

I have not accomplished a thing so far today because I have been sitting here all morning watching these great videos!! My poor family will have nothing to wear tomorrow if I don't start the laundry!!

I can't wait until next June when we sail her!!

Thanks for my wonderful morning....loved the commentary and tours! :p:)

Thanks for the kind words, glad you like the videos.

It was a great cruise!

Moondawgie, the arcade machines cost between $1.50 and $2.00 a go. Players add cash to their SeaPass card by swiping it through a reader in the arcade, then swipe it on each machine where the cost of a game is deducted.

Wow, London, that could add up pretty quickly with two teenagers.

I'll have to warn my brother to give the teens a limit or something.

Anyway, I really enjoyed all your videos. The ship is indeed lovely.

Oh, is the Grille always that dark or did the lights go out?

I think you made a wise choice in Labadee ... I'm thinking of doing that in Jamaica on the Western route.

Moondawgie: Chops and Portofino are both divided into two parts - in each case the first part, as you go in and with the chefs' galley on display, is quite light and bright. But the "inner sanctum" of Chops was very dark - quite romantic really, but I had to hold the candle against the menu to read it! Food in both was delicious!

WOW Steve. Those were great videos. I was getting off the ship when you were getting on, so it made me a little sad watching it, but it was excellent. I loved it. Just about two weeks ago right now I was eating dessert, haha.

Anyways, thanks, they were great.

Love the video diaries! We'll be going on the Liberty this Saturday, of coarse we'll see the ship from a totally different perspective than you did, (No tour of the bridge or dinner at the captain's table for us.) But I'll love every minute of it I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

• 2 months later...

Archived