Thomson Dream Or back on Discovery 2

Hi, so we did our first ever cruise at the beginning of July on the Discovery 2 and enjoyed it, we are looking to go again in November and can either go back on the discovery 2 at the start of the month or in the dream around the 17th.

If we went back on the discovery 2 would the entertainment be the same and the food in the waiter restaurants or will tne menus etc have changed by then?

I quite like the idea of trying a different ship so how would the dream compare I know it's smaller and not as modern, but in general how is it different and how does the food, drink and entertainment differ to the discovery 2 if at all it does.

We migrated to TUI/Thomson because they bought the Vision class ships, Splendour and Legend of the Seas, which are now Discovery 1 & 2.

We thoroughly enjoyed the 2 cruises we've done on Discovery.

Last month we went on the Dream because of the itinerary, and an associated stay at one of our favourite hotels in Corfu.

While we enjoyed the holiday very much we found the ship not to our taste, as it is dated, although in very good condition, and the cabins are quite dark. We also did not like the main dining room, the Orion, because the ceiling is low and the noise level can be high because of it. Other venues e.g entertainment lounges are excellent.

This is purely our personal opinion, and you may like the Dream, but as Discovery 2 was your first cruise experience that did set the bar quite high relatively.

I didn't particularly like the Dream ,,the cruise was fabulous as was the week after in a hotel on Corfu but I agree with the previous post. The cabins seemed dark,,nice and clean but dark. I really didn't like the dining room because the windows were too high to see out of when you are seated for dinner and I find I really do need to be able to see the horizon, especially if there is any sway or my ears go funny! I loved the bar area at the aft end,,can't remember exactly what it was called,,maybe lido pool area,,nice open deck space with plenty of places to sit. Hated the main pool area and the sun deck area,,avoided it at all costs. Saying that though it was one of the best holidays we've ever had! Doing the Disco2 in about 10 days time so I'll soon see what she's like:cool: if there's one thing I've learned it's that I definitely prefer bigger modern ships.

Hi, so we did our first ever cruise at the beginning of July on the Discovery 2 and enjoyed it, we are looking to go again in November and can either go back on the discovery 2 at the start of the month or in the dream around the 17th.

If we went back on the discovery 2 would the entertainment be the same and the food in the waiter restaurants or will tne menus etc have changed by then?

I quite like the idea of trying a different ship so how would the dream compare I know it's smaller and not as modern, but in general how is it different and how does the food, drink and entertainment differ to the discovery 2 if at all it does.

Have sailed on Dream five times and were on the inaugural two week cruise on Discovery 2 in May. Much as we loved all our times on Dream she is definitely showing her age and, in our opinion, is not in the same league as Discovery 2; we definitely preferred the food and choice of restaurants on D2. We are going on Discovery 2 again on 26th October around the Canaries.

Have sailed on Dream five times and were on the inaugural two week cruise on Discovery 2 in May. Much as we loved all our times on Dream she is definitely showing her age and, in our opinion, is not in the same league as Discovery 2; we definitely preferred the food and choice of restaurants on D2. We are going on Discovery 2 again on 26th October around the Canaries.

Meant to add that we did think some of the entertainment was better on Dream and it has a 'proper' 2 tier theatre plus found the shops disappointing on D2 in comparison to all the other Thomson ships we have sailed on. Crews great on all the Thomson ships. All in all though D2 now wins for us; have booked D1 for next May so it will be interesting to see how she compares.

Agree except my ship was Discovery 1

it will be the same entertainment on d2 as the teams don't change over until 28th of november, the d2 showteam move to d1 until the 31st of dec, when d1 team have a 4 week break