question for those with school aged kids

MamaParrotHead

when are your kiddos done with school?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. when are your kiddos done with school?

• early May
    • mid-May
    • late May
    • early June
    • none of the above (please specify)

In Maryland it is usually around the 15th of June.

I see your screen name is MamaParrotHead. I just got tickets to my first Jimmy Buffett concert. I can hardly wait. My first trip to Vegas and my first Buffett concert. I am very excited.

I have a question...for all the people whose kids school ends in late June...when does it start for y'all? Ours starts mid August and ends last full week of May. Of course, we don't have alot of "weather days" either.

Do your schools have alot of "weather days"?

In central Illinois my college daughter is done mid May and my high school daughter is done late May. If we don't use snow days and the high schoolers don't have to take finals (didn't miss more than 3 days in a semester or getting D's or F's) then they should be done May 24th. We leave for our cruise May 26th.

Schools in the Kentucky areas normally begin school between the 10-15 of August and are originally scheduled for dismissal around the middle of May but . . . since we have had so many snow days in the past several years it's become the norm to dismiss around the 25th or so that's why our cruise is scheduled for the beginning of June.

Kim

In Arizona, it's early May, and in the rural areas (farm areas) it's usually mid May. But in the urban districts in Wisconsin, it's late June because there's a state law prohibiting schools from starting before Labor Day.

In Michigan, public schools usually start the last week in August or right after Labor Day, depending on the school district. Classes usually end around the middle of June. Colleges start around the last week in August and are out in late April or early May.

Archived