Snorkeling on Coco Cay

I'm bringing my own snorkel masks and snorkel along to Coco Cay next week. I will, however, be wanting a floatation vest. Does anyone know if I need to book the snorkeling excursion to just get a vest? And anyone who has recently visited, how was the snorkeling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can rent a snorkel vest on Coco Cay, no need to book the excursion. Last time I rented, the vest cost $7, but that was a few years ago, so most likely has gone up in price.

Thanks. That's payment through seapass card?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm bringing my own snorkel masks and snorkel along to Coco Cay next week. I will, however, be wanting a floatation vest. Does anyone know if I need to book the snorkeling excursion to just get a vest? And anyone who has recently visited, how was the snorkeling?

Best snorkeling is out to the left from the first beach you come to. There's a reef there, out towards where the ship anchors.

• 9 months later...
I will, however, be wanting a floatation vest. Does anyone know if I need to book the snorkeling excursion to just get a vest?

Was there 1-9-18 and the vests were free. It was a nice surprise. The water was clear but the current was bad, Real bad. It was hard to keep the GoPro steady. It was rainy also but I was swimming. I put together this quick for my FaceBook friends. Happy Sailing!!!

Was there 1-9-18 and the vests were free. It was a nice surprise. The water was clear but the current was bad, Real bad. It was hard to keep the GoPro steady. It was rainy also but I was swimming. I put together this quick for my FaceBook friends. Happy Sailing!!!

Wow! Where exactly were you snorkeling for this video? Was it on an excursion or by yourself? I'm guessing not an excursion due to the lack of other people in your shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Where exactly were you snorkeling for this video? Was it on an excursion or by yourself? I'm guessing not an excursion due to the lack of other people in your shot.

That's pretty much snorkeling at Coco Cay. He seemed to hit the spots on his video. Plane, ship, grass beds, sunken diving bells, and the reef area. The snorkeling area at Coco Cay is very large and very spread out. It's a good swim out from shore. Definitely recommend the vest myself. Love the snorkeling there.

Glad you enjoyed it. Was by myself because I was one of only a few crazy enough to get on the rainy, chilly (I have body fat to keep me warm) water! I swam straight out off the beach. The current was unreal. But they have platforms about 200 yrd. out and life guards at there also. If you go to my YouTube channel, you'll see more of Coco Cay from a few years back that I did.