Tweens on Explorer of the Seas Alaska cruise?

BCirlin

My family sailed on Harmony this fall and absolutely LOVED it! Tons of kids to make friends with and activities (Flowrider over and over....)- so much so that our now 11 year old daughter never set foot in the kids club. It was our first time on RC as we've always done Disney before. I'm a little worried that she won't have as much to do on Explorer. I'd love to hear from anyone who has taken tweens on this itinerary. Are there lots of kids? What do we do on sea days if we're not in the pool and waterslides all day?

Thanks in advance!

Our experience was that there are not many children on Alaska cruises. There will be hot tubs available, but there's a good chance it will be too cool for the pools, and the Solarium pool is not covered on Explorer.

We weren't on that ship, but I can speak to the itinerary. For us, it was much too cold to be out on the pool deck on the Alaskan cruise. When we left Seattle it was fine, but by after that it was cold. For reference, this was end of September. We are from MN so we can handle cold. But if you think you are sailing through a glacier field, it's a bit too much for swimming pools. hope you have a different experience! My kids were quite "bored" without the kids club or internet packages.

Thanks, good to know. We are from California, so I'm prepared to be freezing! ;)

This is not my first choice of itinerary, but it's an extended family trip to celebrate my mom's retirement. I;m sure we'll find a way to have a great time!