St Thomas on a Sunday

Denise5374

We will be in St Thomas on Sunday August 19 on RCCL Freedom of the Seas from 7am-6pm. I am assuming we will be docking at Crown Bay. we have been to St Thomas 3x before and always went to St John, this time we want to go into Charlotte Amaile and to a beach. Since it is a Sunday do the shops close early? I read that they do. Also, cab tot town and then cab to beach, Sapphire, Meagans Bay or someplace else? I read about Emerald Beach Resort which is near the port, is that any good?

Thanks for any input.

Not sure what you're looking for on your day on St Thomas.

Many people like Emerald Beach Resort's beach because it has amenities and is close to Crown Bay.

August is a slow month in Caribbean so it should be good no matter where you go.

If there are cruise ships in, the stores will be open downtown. You are correct, though, they may close a bit early.

I have not heard for sure if it is on this year, but the Texas Chili Cook-Off is usually on that Sunday in August. It is a lot of fun at Brewer's Beach.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last time we were in St. Thomas on a Sunday (several years ago) I believe we were at Crown Bay and some of those shops were closed, and the majority of the ones downtown were as well. This time we'll be at Havensight and I wondered if that would be different, particularly since I think they would welcome the business after the hurricane?

The last time we were in St. Thomas on a Sunday (several years ago) I believe we were at Crown Bay and some of those shops were closed, and the majority of the ones downtown were as well. This time we'll be at Havensight and I wondered if that would be different, particularly since I think they would welcome the business after the hurricane?

We were just in St Thomas Sunday Sept 9th...7:00am-6:00pm onboard Freedom.....The shops that were still there (in business) were open in town and at Crown Bay. We didn't go over to Havensight but heard the shops were open there also since there was a ship docked there.