Where's the Jade in January?

Oakman58

I read through that link to the Star Trek cruise and I couldn't help but laugh when I got to the section where they were talking about "single and solo events!". Well, yea, most of those dorks are probably single. LOL

Just kidding..sort of..."live long and prosper". ;p

I'll be on the first Star Trek sailing on January 5-11. They had the first one last year and it got really great reviews, which is why they're doing two this year. The ship will be themed to Star Trek, and a lot of the stars from the shows will be on board. I'm excited!

And I have to say, based on the roll call the majority seem to be couples, not singles. Star Trek is more mainstream than you would think, especially since the JJ Abrams movies!

I'm not a fan of the reboot films, although "Beyond" felt more like Trek than the previous two. But it's nice to go on a cruise with "my own people". It's the same at the comic or game conventions I've gone to. There's nothing quite like watching Serenity in a movie theater with other sci-fi fans. The other nice thing (for us as an older couple, at least) is that it's age 13 and up. No crying babies or toddlers, and hopefully, none of the adults will be crying. Instead of the cruise line having shows or events that might not interest me, this one will have plenty. Rick Searfoss talking about being in space. Last time, there was a physicist who gave a lecture. To me, this cruise looks like total fun. Other people's mileage may vary.

Sorry that we seem to have commandeered the Jade for 3 weeks. ;)

Should be interesting to see what the ship looks like after the two Star Trek cruises. I'm on the 1/22 cruise also.

They have 3 days to remove all the Star Trek decor. I would assume the ship will look like it did on the last non-charter sailing before the ST cruises?

• 4 weeks later...
I read through that link to the Star Trek cruise and I couldn't help but laugh when I got to the section where they were talking about "single and solo events!". Well, yea, most of those dorks are probably single. LOL

Just kidding..sort of..."live long and prosper". ;p

:):D:)

Most of the people going on the cruise are married couples and I personally prefer geek or nerd to dork ;) . Besides, everyone has their thing that they really like. Some people are bigger sports "geeks" than many of the Trekkies are Trek "geeks", just a matter of what interests you. After all, wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same thing? :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
This cruise will be a people watchers dream!

that would be me, lol, hubby just talked me into this one yesterday because HIS boss and a few coworkers talked HIM into it. The price was crazy cheap and since we've never sailed Norwegian we figured why not, we're pretty easy going and will just go with the flo.