Can we just stay on the ship in Cuba?

Peachypooh

We are thinking of taking a short cruise just to relax and health related limitations. Most of the itineraries I see include Cuba. This might be a dumb question but can we just stay on the ship?

Cuba is such a pleasant place to visit....not sure why you'd want to stay on the ship. In Havana you can get off the ship and either sit on the malecon (sea wall) next to the port or walk to one of the many nearby parks to relax. Many cheap taxis are at the cruise terminal if walking is too difficult. There are many small cafes near the port where you can relax with a Cuban coffee or mojito. BTW, Cuba is very safe....we were 2 women alone walking all over Havana and other cities on our own and felt very safe.

If you really want to miss this great experience, I think you can stay on the ship at any or all ports.

If you don't want to get off the ship in Cuba, you certainly don't have to. :)

Just wondering why you would take a cruise with a port stop in Cuba (normally more expensive) when you have no desire to go there. :confused::confused:

If you don't want to get off the ship in Cuba, you certainly don't have to. :)

Just wondering why you would take a cruise with a port stop in Cuba (normally more expensive) when you have no desire to go there. :confused::confused:

We want to try Viking Ocean Cruises and the itineraries that fit for us include stops in Cuba.

• 2 weeks later...

After 45 cruises in the Caribbean, Central and South America, I usually stay on the ships now, although DH gets off to walk around and buy t-shirts, cigars, and visors. DH has two ship excursions booked for our upcoming Cuba cruise in May, but I now have difficulty doing too much walking so I'll stay on the ship.

After 45 cruises in the Caribbean, Central and South America, I usually stay on the ships now, although DH gets off to walk around and buy t-shirts, cigars, and visors. DH has two ship excursions booked for our upcoming Cuba cruise in May, but I now have difficulty doing too much walking so I'll stay on the ship.

Just a suggestion....right outside the Havana cruise terminal are classic cars waiting to take passengers on a tour of the city. They were, for the most part, very nicely kept. The typical price is $40 (40 CUC's) for a 1 hour ride around town with narration from the driver. This would let you see this lovely and unusual city without walking. You can also take a longer ride, if desired. We had a wonderful ride and were very glad we did it.

We are thinking of taking a short cruise just to relax and health related limitations. Most of the itineraries I see include Cuba. This might be a dumb question but can we just stay on the ship?

No, I’m pretty sure you will be forced off the ship whether you want to or not.