You were all right!

olesiabr

• 1 month later...

Thanks soooooo much for this informative review...I'm a diver and my parents are land-lubbers, and we are going this week! We leave on Wednesday and arrive back home on Christmas eve!:)

I am so glad to hear your review of the sea-life! I have been diving all over the Indo-Pacific and Caribbean (totally agree on Bonaire!!!) so am really looking forward to the variety in The Society Islands.

Thank you again!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the great review. I'll be back on the PG in December, and your comments eased my impatience.

The end of any PG cruise is poignant. But, we once did back-to-back 7 day cruises. I will admit to some schadenfreude standing on the deck at the end of the first cruise, watching the passengers wailing as they were forced off the ship. Or course, 7 days later I was wailing along with everybody else.

We went in November before the ship left Regent. I was not the only one crying my eyes out on deck. I was so happy in 2010 when Motu came back and said not much had changed.

Yes, the good bye moment is always hard. Am happy we are doing back to back 17 days next year.

• 7 months later...

My back still aches from the overnight flight on ATN. I think the worst thing is that they retrofitted the economy seats with a headrest that juts your neck forward at an unnatural angle. Even pharmaceutical intervention didn't help!

Completely agree! These "headrests" that jut the neck forward are becoming major problems in cars and planes (in part they are responding to the unhealthy forward head posture that has become more common in recent years.) I have started writing to airlines after my flights to share that this is a poor design that causes spinal issues and would encourage you to do the same.

In the meantime, the only solution I have found is using jackets and scarves to fill in the backrest to the same level as the jutting headrest.

Edited by CoralGarden

LOL!

Ever so often I come back to check the PG board to relive one of our best cruises, and was surprised to see this thread again. My husband is a chiropractor, and he routinely reverses the neck support in cars to minimize the forward position.

The seat on ATN was simply hopeless!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk