Boston 2018

I agree with other posters, bringing Carnival back to Boston would be great as I live about 5 minutes from the cruise port! That said, I really hope they look into the Bermuda route from here as I do not have interest in doing Canada/New England. I think in order to sell well in Boston, Bermuda would be great and they should consider some Caribbean from here as well.

I agree I can drive to Maine, New Hampshire and even Canada if I wanted to! I want to see Palm trees not Pine trees!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give an update. I spoke with a PVP today at Carnival who I have used in the past. He stated that Boston was indeed on the list of ports for Summer of 2018, but that the Final decision will be made in the next week or two. I guess just before releasing the Summer 2018 there will be a meeting to finalize or change any decision that were made at the previous meeting.

He stated "off the record" that the word is Boston will have a part time ship with another port. This is what a few have already speculated on this site. He told me that according to his schedule the Summer 2018 cruises will be available/announced in the 2nd or 3rd week of July. He said as for itineraries he has not heard a definite yet so did not want to speculate.

I'm hoping he is correct. If he is I will be booking for sure if there is a Bermuda or Caribbean trip.

I am going to speculate that it's going to be a few journey cruises to Iceland. Bermuda is out of the question unless they leave on Wednesday to port in Bermuda on Saturday and Sunday as all other spots for porting in Bermuda is already taken. I don't think carnival has a small enough ship to dock in Hamilton

Just wanted to give an update. I spoke with a PVP today at Carnival who I have used in the past. He stated that Boston was indeed on the list of ports for Summer of 2018, but that the Final decision will be made in the next week or two. I guess just before releasing the Summer 2018 there will be a meeting to finalize or change any decision that were made at the previous meeting.

He stated "off the record" that the word is Boston will have a part time ship with another port. This is what a few have already speculated on this site. He told me that according to his schedule the Summer 2018 cruises will be available/announced in the 2nd or 3rd week of July. He said as for itineraries he has not heard a definite yet so did not want to speculate.

I'm hoping he is correct. If he is I will be booking for sure if there is a Bermuda or Caribbean trip.

Thanks for the info:):):)

I am going to speculate that it's going to be a few journey cruises to Iceland. Bermuda is out of the question unless they leave on Wednesday to port in Bermuda on Saturday and Sunday as all other spots for porting in Bermuda is already taken. I don't think carnival has a small enough ship to dock in Hamilton

Are you speaking of space in 2018? How do you know?

Not sure what this means as we sail on Saturday 10/1 for Bermuda out of NYC on the Sunshine and dock Monday through Wednesday.

Caribbean and Canadian cruises are also possibilities. However, if it is Iceland...we are there! :)

Are you speaking of space in 2018? How do you know?

Not sure what this means as we sail on Saturday 10/1 for Bermuda out of NYC on the Sunshine and dock Monday through Wednesday.

Caribbean and Canadian cruises are also possibilities. However, if it is Iceland...we are there! :)

NCL. Royal Caribbean and celebrity has docking rights to Bermuda in October NCL dawn is doing a few Canada cruises

NCL. Royal Caribbean and celebrity has docking rights to Bermuda in October NCL dawn is doing a few Canada cruises

And the Pride in Sept '16? July, Sept, Oct '17?

Sunshine also Sept '17?

Esctasy Nov '16?

And these all sail on Sat and Sun with mid week dockings.

Seems like Carnival has a few docking rights too. I would not underestimate this 'small' cruise line to obtain more dates for 2018. :p Especially if they sail out of Boston.

OMG, I would jump at the chance to go to Iceland!!!

We did the Carnival Glory 3 years ago I think...it was actually one of our cheapest cruises ever....booked early saver..and ended up with several hundred in OBC...we had an Outside...cruised in June...I don't think they could fill up the ship..... I can see my family...and possibly cruise with a few of them out of Boston..and I would love to see more of Canada...I would love to see a Carnival ship out of Boston again!!

We did b2b 2 years in a row out of Boston because the pricing was ridiculously low--I believe a bunch of things played into it as Concordia and Triumph happened in the same time period and bookings dropped. We had OVs and paid $1100 for three people to sail for nine days including taxes.

We did b2b 2 years in a row out of Boston because the pricing was ridiculously low--I believe a bunch of things played into it as Concordia and Triumph happened in the same time period and bookings dropped. We had OVs and paid $1100 for three people to sail for nine days including taxes.

Hence the reason they do not sail out of there seasonally. While those items might have had a play, the market is soft.

It would be great to have a home port 40 min from my house! I have heard from friends and family who have sailed out of NY on Caribbean cruises that the waters get really rough off the VA, NC, SC coasts at some points in the year. Not sure how true or what time of year it is. But I have spoken to a bunch of people who said they wont sail NY to the Caribbean again. I would have to think that would be the same out of Boston. I know the local waters here in Mass can get pretty choppy.

Carnivals market is not soft in Boston, which is why they would come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

History would say different. They were practically giving cruises away when the Splendor was doing some sailings from there. Let's see how many cruises they will be doing and to where.

History would say different. They were practically giving cruises away when the Splendor was doing some sailings from there. Let's see how many cruises they will be doing and to where.

I remember Glory in Boston but not Splendor?

If they want to give cruises away I will take them! I did Glory twice from Boston and the ship was full. Maybe because the price was low.

Something must have worked for them if they are coming back. I am not their business analyst and they make their own financial decisions.

I am puzzled sometimes by the way many on here question these decisions. Saying they are wrong to do this or that, have numerous opinions about why it won't work and yet, Carnival seems to be quite profitable and busy. ;)

If they want to do 1, 2, 3, or 40 a year. I will take what comes. If it is to Canada, great. I love Canada and I will be on a ship. Bermuda, Caribbean, Iceland, or anywhere else they care to go.

I also know for a fact that whatever they choose to do the pundits will have the answers as to why Carnival did this or that, and point out the folly/wisdom of the decision.

As for me, I will book a cruise, drive to Boston, and sail where they want to take me. And repeat for as long as I can.

It would be great to have a home port 40 min from my house! I have heard from friends and family who have sailed out of NY on Caribbean cruises that the waters get really rough off the VA, NC, SC coasts at some points in the year. Not sure how true or what time of year it is. But I have spoken to a bunch of people who said they wont sail NY to the Caribbean again. I would have to think that would be the same out of Boston. I know the local waters here in Mass can get pretty choppy.

I completely agree. I am only 15 minutes north of Boston and have yet to try the Boston to Bermuda cruise on NCL's Dawn. I know people who have and they always say same thing...that waters are very rough.

I'm anxious to see what they do and to where. A bit tired of trekking to Florida. The Pride is expensive IMO and I've never been to Boston. We would love a cruise from there and had already considered the Dawn on NCL:eek: lol!

I'm anxious to see what they do and to where. A bit tired of trekking to Florida. The Pride is expensive IMO and I've never been to Boston. We would love a cruise from there and had already considered the Dawn on NCL:eek: lol!

It would take a whole lot to get me to sail on NCL Dawn, that said, I hope I am wrong. I just don't see them getting many slots to Bermuda, and Boston will have to step up to the plate in terms of bookings. It was beyond dismal.

I remember Glory in Boston but not Splendor?

If they want to give cruises away I will take them! I did Glory twice from Boston and the ship was full. Maybe because the price was low.

Something must have worked for them if they are coming back. I am not their business analyst and they make their own financial decisions.

I am puzzled sometimes by the way many on here question these decisions. Saying they are wrong to do this or that, have numerous opinions about why it won't work and yet, Carnival seems to be quite profitable and busy. ;)

If they want to do 1, 2, 3, or 40 a year. I will take what comes. If it is to Canada, great. I love Canada and I will be on a ship. Bermuda, Caribbean, Iceland, or anywhere else they care to go.

I also know for a fact that whatever they choose to do the pundits will have the answers as to why Carnival did this or that, and point out the folly/wisdom of the decision.

As for me, I will book a cruise, drive to Boston, and sail where they want to take me. And repeat for as long as I can.

Both Glory and Splendor did Boston in different years. Carnival is pretty conservative when it comes to blazing new trails for ports. There is much work in doing so. They did stop in Iceland, but that was when the Legend was returning from a season in Northern Europe. Heck, I would love to go there on a cruise.

Carnival is profitable and they stay that way (in their view) by staying in their comfort zone. If you look at their Caribbean sailings, many (one could say the vast majority) go to the same ports. They have begun to stretch that some with the Journey cruises, but it is slow and usually done in soft booking times of years.

I am trying to level set people with what I think are reasonable expectations. I am a big Carnival fan, but just think they will get dramatic in terms of variety (esp in Bermuda as some have mentioned the slots are limited). Hope I am wrong ....

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered this news and have to say I am excited at the possibility of short cruises from Boston again. We did the Glory a few years ago and whilst not the most riveting itinerary it made for a great "long weekend" cruise. Carnival is not my first choice [though I've sailed them several times] as I feel other lines have onboard atmospheres more to my tastes, however I would jump on the chance for a short, local cruise when a quick getaway is needed. Can't wait to see what is offered.

As to those who say the Boston market is "soft", tell that to NCL and HAL who have both been sailing from here for years. HAL's Voyage of the Vikings leaves from Boston and has for many years. This year and next it is on their flagship the ms/Rotterdam. One of their most expensive trips, per diem, [aside from World and Grand Voyages] and it nearly always sells out at high prices. I have not taken this trip yet but one day when time off from work allows...haha.

The market here is not soft, there just may be different tastes here in the northeast than, say Florida, where Carnival does the majority of their business. It is a different passenger demographic.

Carnival released their Alaska 2018 Summer Itinerary yesterday and it goes thru September. A family member called to see what the latest on the other ports was and her PVP said that it was going to be soon. He said there is a shakeup of a few ships taking place which is being sorted still. But he apparently said some dates in Boston were just about a done deal!!

Very exciting!! Now to just keep patiently waiting lol.

Carnival released their Alaska 2018 Summer Itinerary yesterday and it goes thru September. A family member called to see what the latest on the other ports was and her PVP said that it was going to be soon. He said there is a shakeup of a few ships taking place which is being sorted still. But he apparently said some dates in Boston were just about a done deal!!

Very exciting!! Now to just keep patiently waiting lol.

Thank-you for the update. :)