Best embarkation tips and tricks

wlmfoster

I don’t get how the closet is in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The CLOSET isn't in the way. The passenger is.

The steward will stop to greet them, ask questions, etc. All the stewards they pass will have to work around them when going from room to room, and pay attention to see if the passenger is in their block of rooms. All of this slows down the turnover rate for rooms. Because it's not just one passenger, it dozens to hundreds of cruisers in the hallways and rooms, WHEN THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We have a rolling cooler we got from SAMs that is very roomy. We put our sodas and wine in there as the security has started to open up the carton of soda to inspect it, leaving you with loose cans rolling around. We carry our cooler and our carry on stuff up to the 9th floor and avoid the crowds milling around on three. I agree that unless you are platinum or FTTF that you should stay out of the halls behind the fire doors. I know I am excited to start my vacation too but to be in the halls when you are not supposed to be, if everyone did that it would be a cluster. Now another thing we have done is if we have platinums traveling with us ( we are now platinum ), we would drop all of our stuff in their cabin since it is ready and legit to be there and then all go up to get lunch. We purposely wait an additional 30 mins or so until the crowd dies down to go to our room. I understand, we have been those people anxious to get to our room, and standing at the fire doors, we don't do that any more as it is better to stay out of the way and let the people get the rooms ready for everyone. Also for the sail and sign cards, we use spiral key chains to keep around our wrist or ankle , they can get wet without issue and are non obtrusive , just have to remember to take it off for photos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Download the health form, fill it out and take it to port with you! Saves standing there filling it out! Have all documents out and ready as well! :)

This is important to us!

Also, download the app and log in when you get onboard. We find it very helpful for events, menus and especially account information. Don't have to mess with the kiosks or line at GS! :D