on the hips

So if you still have a

box or bag to eat

Step on it with your feet

Sweep it to the streets

Roes are red

Violets are blue

Hope the scale is good to YOU!

This Sunday I'm leaving for a 18 day land vacation..

So will someone start this thread the next few Thursdays.

Thank You.

Roses are red

oranges are orange

TOday the scale told me

I'm............................

Oh well, can't tell you because there are no words that rhyme with orange!!:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I guess too much salt and goodies got me this week! Better luck next time.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I shot the scale

and the week too!!

Guess you can figure out that I didn't have a loss. BLAHHHH I put back 3.5 with those darn chocolates that were chased down with martinis!!! I was going to hide and not post but I am going to get with it today and all this week so that my post next Thursday will be how happy I am that I lost so much. :)

Have fun Belle and we look forward to hearing from you after your trip.

Sandy, at least you're not alone! We'll have much better postings next week.

Marianne

hi everyone,

i'm happy to report that i am down 0.5 lb - and i'll take it!

for all who didn't post losses this week - you'll get them next week!:D (i actually weighed in on the weekend :o and was up 2 lbs from last thursday, but i refused to despair and got right back on track with my WOE and threw myself into a couple of new classes at the gym...which i am quite funny to watch at, i'm sure:) ...and by the time i weighed in this morning i was down the 2, plus one more 0.5! if i can do it, i know that the rest of you will be successful next week!!!)

good luck to all in the coming week! i'm rooting for all of us to post losses next week!

belle - have a good vacation, i'll keep posting my meals on the other thread, and look forward to hearing from you when you get back!

jocey

How old are you? Are you diabetic? Any muscle ailments?

-Chris

Hi. I'M 30 YEARS OLD AND I'M NOT A DIABETIC NOR DO I HAVE MUSCLE AILMENTS. I HAVE A MEMBERSHIP TO LA FITNESS BUT MY SCHEDULE IS CRAZY SO I DON'T GO AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD. I WANT TO LOOSE 40 POUNDS AND MY BODY DOES RESPOND QUICKLY TO EXERCISE.

Good morning everyone and I stayed the same. Actually quite happy with that since the extra stuff I ate this week.

Congrats to all you losers and stay the samers.

Next week is a new week for those of us who gained or stayed the same so we have to stay on track and keep motoring.:D

Andsail, I started the South Beach in early December and I'm down 21 lbs since I've started and love the recipes, even got DH to join me. As for exercise I was doing great and then had a little operation so next week I get to start again which really helps, even if it's just walking on the treadmill. Good luck.

Belle, have a great vacation, we'll miss you.

Debbie

What are some of the diets you ladies are following, or are you just working out and eating less? I need to loose 40lbs by my cruise on 5-14-06. HELP!!!!!!

My WOE (way of eating) is low carb. It's not a diet, it's a change I made in my eating 2 years ago this month. For me it's easy, no measuring and no counting calories. No matter what you choose for your WOE drink your water and exercise! YOU CAN DO IT!!

GOOD JOB those that lost and stayed the same! :)

I didn't eat any chocolate this week, maybe I should have!!! :p I did eat 2 small and I mean small cut-out cookies. I'm up 1 lb. It makes me sooooooooo mad, because otherwise I was good!!! What does a woman have to do to lose a lb? Not going to let it get me down, I know if I stick with it, I will be rewarded, but when???!!!

Belle ~ We're going to miss you, 18 days is a long time!! Have fun, be good!! I love to go away, anywhere!!

(raising my glass of water!) Here's to a great week for everyone!!

Hi. I'M 30 YEARS OLD AND I'M NOT A DIABETIC NOR DO I HAVE MUSCLE AILMENTS. I HAVE A MEMBERSHIP TO LA FITNESS BUT MY SCHEDULE IS CRAZY SO I DON'T GO AS OFTEN AS I SHOULD. I WANT TO LOOSE 40 POUNDS AND MY BODY DOES RESPOND QUICKLY TO EXERCISE.

i'm 28 and decided to start getting in shape (and healthier!) at the beginning of the year. we cruise for the first time on may 29th, off to the western med!:D

my approach isn't the quickest way of doing things, but i'm trying to exercise more, and am being quite diligent about my portion sizes and making healthier choices. i try to fit in at least 1 hr of cardio (usually interval type stuff) at least 3 times per week. i supplement that with a class or two at the gym, or a pilates/yoga dvd at home (i find that this is easier to fit into my schedule than just doing the same old trip-to-the-gym cardio). i'm about to throw some weights into the mix starting next week. i've currently lost 11 lbs since jan 1, which is slow by some standards - but it seems to be working alright for me!:)

some tips: the scale is a good judge if you have a lot of weight to lose, but i also like to take measurements (because weight can be deceiving if you are building muscle but losing fat) - like i said, i've only lost 11 lbs so far, BUT i am fitting into clothes that are sizes that i haven't seen the likes of in about 5 years!!!

good luck to you!

jocey

I'm happy to post 1/2 pound loss for this week. I was really worried getting on the scale this morning because I have missed three days in a row of exercise AND had a sinfully delicious Cold Stone ice cream creation on Valentine's (after a light dinner, of course). :D

To those who indulged on V-day and possibly blame that for no change or a small increase this week...don't despair. We can't be perfect all the time. We all need to indulge from time to time. If you save it for holidays and don't do it everday, there's nothing at all wrong with that. If we all did only what we think we "should" be doing, we might be thin, rich, and very bored! Enjoy life! Isn't that the whole purpose of getting healthier? Who wants to live longer if you can't/won't enjoy it a little. :confused:

Now that we've enjoyed V-day, it's back to more of what we "should" be doing. Best wishes to everyone!

PS - Belle, have a great trip. We'll miss our best cheerleader!

I'd say a mostly low carb diet would be beneficial, eating some carbs in the morning/early afternoon for energy. Since you're 30 years old and don't have any dabilitating injuries, I'd say just eating a healthy low carb diet with a relatively rigorous exercise program should yield good results. By rigorous I mean pushing yourself just beyond how far you think you can go with an exercise....that's how you see results.

Go to LA Fitness and talk to a trainer, he can probably give you a good weight/cardio program that can work well for you. But remember, none of that works if you don't eat right and take care of yourself.

Also, 40 pounds in 3 months is a fairly big goal, if you don't hit it dont be discouraged.....just look for improvements.

-Chris

Sometimes it's harder to post when you

have a gain and you did! Good Job!

Just have to get back on track which

I'm sure your doing.

Big hand to the ones who lost this week.

Was hard with "chocolate" and special dinners.

Now more loss's next week!

Stay the samers you did a good job too.

You didn't gain.

I join some of you with 1/2 lb lost. I'll take it.

I with the rest of you ate to much dinner on

Valentine's Day.

Everyone be good the next three weeks....

I won't be here to "bug" you!

Thank you all on the best wishes for my vacation and

that you'll miss me. Ahhh.

I'm going to warmer weather, I hope..weather is chaning a little.

Going to So. Calif. to Palm Springs for a few days and

then to Arizona to visit friends then back to So. Calif.to

visit my parents.

Wish me luck on my "diet" will be eating out 75% of the time.

Even when visiting friends and my parents.

You all Take Care.

Hi all! I lost another .5 lb this week. At this rate, I'll be 70 before I lose everything I need to lose. At least I'm in a smaller size...that's the only thing that's keeping me going. ;)

Sheila - You don't loook that heavy in your picture. Half pound a week, 26 pounds a year, 25 years to 70. Thats a lot of weight. Don't get discouraged, keep on keeping on.

My weight was 259 yesterday. Up one pound. Not bad for me.

down 0.5 in two weeks (last Thurs I was at a conference, that's a heck of a place for watching your weight, food & treats all day plus all you do is sit in a chair...)

actually trashed one chocolate (ate the others)

did make it to the gym three times this week. but also broke my "no ice cream" vow -- twice.

tomorrow is another day. I'm drinking more water, too.

It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one struggling day in and day out just to drop a little weight!!! I was thrilled this morning because I lost the 3.5 that I picked up last week plus .5 so I'm down a total of 6 since I started at the end of January. DH wants to go out for a movie & dinner since he's off tomorrow. I know you're not supposed to stop going out but we all know that it's added temptation. Oh well, I'll have to make the right choices. I'll just keep picturing the scale going under 150. I was 151 today. That would be great if I was 6' tall but at 5'2", I need another 25. Of course I'll settle for 15. You need more padding when you go over 50. My cousin has a good attitude since she says she wants to be a plushtoy type grandma and not a bony one. This way all her grandkids will love to sit on her lap. :)

Marianne

Archived