Refillable Water Bottle (Carnival Valor Nov 18)

Kat W

Hi - looking forward to the Valor on Nov 18!

Since I drink a lot of water during the day, I would like to avoid throwing out a lot of one-time use water bottles and bring a reusable water bottle. Our travel agent recommended we bring a Brita water bottle that has a filter. Anyone have any advice on reusable bottles? Where would I be filling it? Are there water fountains? Would bar tenders / waiters be willing to refill a bottle?

Thank you!

You can fill it from your sink (add ice or it won't be cold!), or from any of the water dispensers...but use a GLASS to fill your bottle...don't put your bottle to the filling mechanisms...germs transfer that way.

You can also get a glass of water ANY time you want from any bar or eating venue...no real need to carry a bottle around with you while on the ship.

I bring a water bottle every cruise. I also bring a small dish washing soap and towel to wash it every night or if i accidentally drop it. You can fill it in the buffet area. Or if I’m at a bar i ask for a cup of ice water and put it in my water bottle. and let it melt throughout the day so i can continue to have cold water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, this issue is completely solved for me, thank you!

I bring a water bottle every cruise. I also bring a small dish washing soap and towel to wash it every night or if i accidentally drop it. You can fill it in the buffet area. Or if I’m at a bar i ask for a cup of ice water and put it in my water bottle. and let it melt throughout the day so i can continue to have cold water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a suggestion. Don't fill it at the buffet lines. Take a glass of water (or two) from the buffet line and fill your water bottles from it.

2 reasons-

As stated above, don't put your water bottle to the filling spout as you can transfer germs to others later.

Second, if you fill your bottle from the water spout, you will hold up the line of people that want to grab a glass of water for their meal. Or at least be considerate of others.

Don't know how many times I have stood there waiting to get a glass of water for my meal while someone is filling their gallon-sized Yeti glass with ice and water.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We got an insulated stainless steel leakproof Contigo bottle. They are perfect (I do use a cup to get my ice, water, whatever and then fill it). I love using it on the way in the airport. You must take it empty through security but then if you get a drink before boarding the plane you don't have to worry about spilling it if you take it aboard. It's also great to pour a complementary drink from them in so you don't have to worry about drinking it before it spills. We use it everywhere on the ship and fill it with ice water in the morning, the ice lasts all day in port. We can then refill and make sure we have plenty of ice to keep our drinks cold all day. We are taking our kids in March and these will be Christmas gifts for them, they are so handy. You can throw them in your bag or in the outside pocket of your bag/backpack and not having to worry about it spilling.

I use a Brita water bottle at work. I like that it filters the water so it tastes better but I'm not a fan of the squeeze bottle top. I think it would be hard to put ice in it with the filter. If you want your water cold and you're not concerned about the water taste, get a Yeti.