Anyone else booked Bellissima

thecruisers6

That is always good to hear, we are booked on the Yacht Club on both ships, we got spoiled in the Haven on NCL and now my wife won't take anything less lol.

Haha exactly the same as us. I think another big difference is the family versus corporation.

As the captain told us the owner designs the ships and his wife the interiors. When we were in one of the ports we were taking to some people and they were looking at Harmony of the seas, Divina and the big NCL ship side by side. Divina was by far the most stylish and eye catching.

Haha exactly the same as us. I think another big difference is the family versus corporation.

As the captain told us the owner designs the ships and his wife the interiors. When we were in one of the ports we were taking to some people and they were looking at Harmony of the seas, Divina and the big NCL ship side by side. Divina was by far the most stylish and eye catching.

What started us looking for other cruise lines was the increase of pricing in the Haven on NCL. Prices have gone up so much that I just can't justify spending that much plus the "free" perks are no longer free for the Haven. So I did research on the MSC line read reviews and checked out pricing and was pleasantly surprise and we decided to give it a try. We will see how is goes next year and that will determine if will stay on our 2019 booking.

From a totally unscientific survey of 2 couples in the Yacht Club on Divina we spoke to from the US, they preferred MSC than Haven as a whole package. Food they found a lot better with Lobster gelato and pizza from what I remember. Especially though the quality of the drinks and wine.

Bea is right though at night go and explore the ships entertainment we found lots of high quality musicians popping up everywhere.

On NCL ‘achy breaky heart’ and ‘sweet Caroline’ are 2 songs I didn’t need to learn all the words to [emoji33]

(Personal choice I know)

I guess it’s going in with the knowledge from here that there will be a wait between starter and main course because that’s the ultimate luxury in Europe. Taking ages talking over dinner rather than shovelling it down and rushing off. It’s MSC’s biggest headache to please both camps as a couple from the US said “we wasted 30 minuets between started and main course” to us that is heaven but the rest of the year we’re rushing around lol.

I think (especially my fellow Brits) are not good at research and unaware that you should try more than one starter, have seconds if the main is unbelievable and try different desserts. If you smile and say thank you on the way out just see the smile back. Job satisfaction is written across their faces.

On day 5 I think it was, our waiter didn’t seem to be writing the order down and was smiling. I pulled the pad from him and he just knew what we were going to order. We had a round of applause for eating like Italians! Just a fantastic moment. Twice we made faces about the other one of us getting a better dessert and within seconds another appears for us. You have to let yourself go with it!

Haha speech over lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mark .............. just a quick note to say thank you for your post. I've managed to get some wifi this evening and saw what you'd written by email from CC.

You may not know, but we had a hurricane hit yesterday. We've been without power for the last 28 hours so no water, no phone signal for some time and no internet. The power is down on our phones, ipad and laptop so I'm sorry to cut this off abruptly. Fortunately we didn't sustain any damage.

Mark .............. just a quick note to say thank you for your post. I've managed to get some wifi this evening and saw what you'd written by email from CC.

You may not know, but we had a hurricane hit yesterday. We've been without power for the last 28 hours so no water, no phone signal for some time and no internet. The power is down on our phones, ipad and laptop so I'm sorry to cut this off abruptly. Fortunately we didn't sustain any damage.

Oh Bea I’m glad you’re safe and damage free. Good luck for getting the services back quickly

Oh Bea I’m glad you’re safe and damage free. Good luck for getting the services back quickly

Almost back to normal now, Mark.

Just wanted to say how glad I am to hear how fantastic a time you had on Divina. I read you're going to do a review - I look forward to reading it.

I have to gather my thoughts to continue my Magnifica review which was so rudely interrupted by Ophelia (& Brian)! :D

• 2 weeks later...

i just booked jun28, 2019 from barcelona on the bellissima ... I think I booked balcony room and it looks like the balcony is a bit bigger due to the room position. Got a great rate (kids sail free) .. very excited except it's sooo far away!

You can’t beat the MSC kids rates we’ve cancelled our RCI cruise as they were the same price as adults!

They will love the kids club and pool area I’m sure. Will post lots of photos when we go April 6th.

You can’t beat the MSC kids rates we’ve cancelled our RCI cruise as they were the same price as adults!

They will love the kids club and pool area I’m sure. Will post lots of photos when we go April 6th.

it's INSANE the price difference. I priced out a Disney Med cruise and it was over $15,000!! (just a regular balcony that may even be partially obstructed). On MSC I booked a balcony (Fantastica) for 2 adults 2 kids for $3000.

Cannot wait! My kids will hopefully be "ready" for a "real" (i.e not disneyworld) vacation by 2018 :D

I originally had Naples booked but switched to Barcelona thinking that airfare would be cheaper from us (BOS) to Barcelona vs Naples...

(at least it looks a bit cheaper for summer 2018 - I am assuming summer 2019 will roughly be the same).

Bea, are you saying that you Brits (hope I have your nationality correct) can't cancel before final payment and get your deposit returned. That seems unfair. I would find that very limiting since I cruise solo and have to grab a cabin when I can find it and wait till something better pops up. Which sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I don't understand how they can treat one nationality different than another. Sounds a little Trumpish.

We don't have the luxury of booking and subsequently having our deposits refunded should we change our minds and cancel. We're not playing on a level playing field as a result. With MSC's seemingly arbitrary way of allocating cabins, (you just have to look at the thread about cabin changes) the deck is stacked on their side for future bookings on new ships. We're not prepared to risk any possible losses should we not get what we thought we were booking.

Also, even taking into account the 5% + 5% discount with the Cirque du Soleil dinner & spectacle included (a value of €35 pp - and, you can be sure, has been built into the cost by the actuaries!) the prices are ridiculous for a Med cruise in March/April!

I'm referring to Barcelona17. I'm sure no harm was intended but US Politics should be avoided. This is a great escape from all the chatter on TV. I was soaking up my excitement about my travels and was thrown into a divisive subject.

No, I love all of you.!!! Especially your accents! All I know is I can't wait to sail on Seaside in one of the mysterious aft suites, May of 2018 and then Bellissima (Yatch Club) May 2019. I'm trying to live in the moment but keep finding myself wishing the days away so I can get my cruise on!

• 2 weeks later...
If you go to UK cruising, then UK cruises then the 4th item in the list about MSC from LauraS.

Sorry no idea how to do a link. Apparently it was the coin ceremony this week.

Thanks for responding.