Last Minute Questions pertaining to Carnival Victory

arbelcher

1. Is the new Guy's Burgers open 24 hours?

2. I recently read that after 10:00 pm, room services will begin charging?

3. If we do not plan to eat in the dining room whatsoever, can we remove tips from there?

4. How much is the drink of the day now in the special cups?

5. With arriving in Key West so early and only being there a short time, what do you recommend for someone who will arrive for the first time and being on foot?

6. Are lounge chairs provided in the smoking sections?

1. Is the new Guy's Burgers open 24 hours?

2. I recently read that after 10:00 pm, room services will begin charging?

3. If we do not plan to eat in the dining room whatsoever, can we remove tips from there?

5. With arriving in Key West so early and only being there a short time, what do you recommend for someone who will arrive for the first time and being on foot?

6. Are lounge chairs provided in the smoking sections?

1. Guys is only open during the day. I believe it closes at 5:00 or 6:00 pm.

2. All room service orders placed after 10:00 pm require payment per item.

3. Technically, yes. However, you would be stiffing the people serving you and busing your table in the alternate dining venues.

4. You will generally see one or two "special cups" or marketing gimmicks per day.

5. Last time in Key West, we walked to the Mel Fisher (treasure) museum, which is very close to the pier / Mallory Square.. The time before that, we walked to the Ernest Hemingway house (several blocks away, but walkable.) There are also several bars and restaurants in the area.

6. Yes

Re: Key West

Having been to Key West at least 50 times in the last 25 years and even getting married there, I recommend ALL first-time Key West visitors take the Conch Tour Train. I think Carnival offers it as an excursion, if not you can hop on right at the corner of Duval and Front streets, a block from Mallory Square. It's a 90-minute tour that will give you a great overview of the island, its architecture, and its often bizarre history. The guides are knowledgeable and very entertaining. Use that time to figure out what you want to do on the remaining 5 hours (or however long you're there).

5. Last time in Key West, we walked to the Mel Fisher (treasure) museum, which is very close to the pier / Mallory Square.. The time before that, we walked to the Ernest Hemingway house (several blocks away, but walkable.) There are also several bars and restaurants in the area.

And by "several", that means a couple hundred.

See answers in red.

1. Is the new Guy's Burgers open 24 hours? I would imagine that it follows the pattern on other ships. Normally open from around 11:00 to 6:00 or so.

2. I recently read that after 10:00 pm, room services will begin charging? Yes, there is a new room service menu that has charged items only between 10pm and 6am.

3. If we do not plan to eat in the dining room whatsoever, can we remove tips from there? Those tips also cover the people who work on the Lido. Please don't rob them of gratuities just because you don't eat in the MDR.

6. Are lounge chairs provided in the smoking sections? If it is like the outdoor smoking areas on the ships that I've been on recently, there is the nice furniture like on the Serenity decks. There have always been a few loungers, chairs, and the "conversation" areas.