Hotel recommendations in Barcelona

kuddles14

We have sailed out of Barcelona twice and both times used the Ciutat del Prat hotel. It is not central at all but in quite a nice residential area. They offer a package deal where they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the port, right to your ship. Breakfast was included and was a wonderful treat - all the usual culprits of a continental breakfast plus many meats, cheeses, great pastries. We have eaten dinner there once when our plane was quite late arriving and the hotel restaurant was decent. There are a couple of nice bistro restaurants within close walking distance and a small convenience store across the street. I don't believe it's far from the metro.

I'm staying there tomorrow. Glad to see this review

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have sailed out of Barcelona twice and both times used the Ciutat del Prat hotel. It is not central at all but in quite a nice residential area. They offer a package deal where they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the port, right to your ship. Breakfast was included and was a wonderful treat - all the usual culprits of a continental breakfast plus many meats, cheeses, great pastries. We have eaten dinner there once when our plane was quite late arriving and the hotel restaurant was decent. There are a couple of nice bistro restaurants within close walking distance and a small convenience store across the street. I don't believe it's far from the metro.

We stayed there one night. I completely agree with this review. Take train L9 to city or a cab. Included in price pickup at airport, Wi-Fi which was excellent, breakfast and cruise port drop off. 1/2 the price of staying in city. Comfortable bed. Good shower. Clean... I can't imagine staying elsewhere if only here a day or 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Hitchhiking on this topic: we depart on a NCL cruise from Barcelona 13 December, and need a hotel for just the night of 12 December. Suggestions for one with reasonable rates near the pier?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic information here, thank you all for sharing your experiences and referrals.

Sailing out of Barcelona in April and it's time to finish up my planning. I came to this thread first and I think it's enough info to prevent me from looking further! Now to look at prices and make a decision...

Question,

We will be staying in Barcelona only one night next October. I looked into several hotels mentioned in this thread and I see many have a two night stay minimum. Is a two night minimum stay in Barcelona standard? We will be needing a Tuesday night. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'll be staying in Barcelona for 2 nights pre-cruise in late May. I am traveling alone and like to do lots of sightseeing. I've found two interesting looking hotels that are in the middle of things near Las Ramblas . They are Hostal Marenostrum and Hotel Gaudi. Naturally on their websites they look like the most perfect places in the world, offering everything that I could ever need. Does anyone here have any experience with either of these?

• 1 month later...
Also will be our first Med.cruise for next April will be taking a taxi and booked Hotel Europark great reviews and close to all attractions.

We have booked Hotel Europark for 3 nights after our cruise in August. Would appreciate your comments regarding this Hotel. Thanks and have a great cruise.