Pinnacle Grill - When Can I Reserve?

Tananda

Hi there! I have two cruises coming up in 2018. The first is a Caribbean cruise in April on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The second is an Alaska cruise in May on the Eurodam. I can reserve all three specialty restaurants on the Nieuw Amsterdam, but I can only reserve Canaletto and Tamarind on the Eurodam. Do you have any ideas on when I might be able to reserve Pinnacle Grill for my Eurodam cruise? I realize it is a while before the cruise but I am a major planner.

Thanks for your help!

-Tan

Hi there! I have two cruises coming up in 2018. The first is a Caribbean cruise in April on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The second is an Alaska cruise in May on the Eurodam. I can reserve all three specialty restaurants on the Nieuw Amsterdam, but I can only reserve Canaletto and Tamarind on the Eurodam. Do you have any ideas on when I might be able to reserve Pinnacle Grill for my Eurodam cruise? I realize it is a while before the cruise but I am a major planner.

Thanks for your help!

-Tan

I'm a major planner too Tan.

Usually I have seen the PG open by now, but it's not for our cruise either :loudcry:

It should be open soon. Usually in December at the latest.

The only thing I can suggest is to check daily if you have an important date or time in mind.

there are some Explore4 offerings on our cruise and P'dam promo's so I am wondering if that affect the opening on line, but I am watching daily and if this thread is still around, I will post when I see them.

I have a friend's birthday on our cruise and I know I want to treat them. So, I am checking daily ;)

LOL, and I am the opposite.

I prefer not to lock myself into a schedule while on vacation, and will not book dinner reservations in advance. I will say though, we are not very picky on the time we go to dinner, so that helps.

I have never cruised HAL before. Do you think I will have a problem getting a reservation, if I wait until we are on the ship?

If not, no problem as I am sure we will like the main dining room just fine.

Several years ago we were on the Eurodam and I messed up by not pre-booking the Pinnacle Grill. When we got on the ship -- thought it would not be a problem. Wrong. The Pinnacle Grill was completely sold out for every day and time slot -- several groups had booked everything. Not a charter -- just a couple of large groups. We were staying in the Pinnacle Suite and even our concierge could not help us.

Thankfully that ship has the Tamarind and we were able to get some reservations there.

Will you have a problem booking once on the ship? Hard to predict.

Thank you, kazu. Just checked and our dates are not available yet. DH has learned my planning nature and now just asks what is on the agenda. He just shakes his head as I research and plan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Hopefully it is up soon. This is the latest I have ever seen.

There are certain nights I want to be there so I pay the piper now rather than be disappointed on board.

Yours should be coming up soon - I hope.

• 1 month later...
LOL, and I am the opposite.

I prefer not to lock myself into a schedule while on vacation, and will not book dinner reservations in advance. I will say though, we are not very picky on the time we go to dinner, so that helps.

I have never cruised HAL before. Do you think I will have a problem getting a reservation, if I wait until we are on the ship?

If not, no problem as I am sure we will like the main dining room just fine.

If the cruise you are on offered a free Pinnacle dinner with the booking, many of the time slots could be filled up by the time you board (they have to have the times set and booked scheduled prior to all the guests boarding). If you book ahead of time you should be able to get what you want, but after boarding it could be difficult.