Oceans Discovery Centre

latebloomer56

Could only find 1 item for the Oceans Discovery Centre (BLU train combo). We plan to take our grandson to this in Aug. Has anybody done this in the 2017/2018? They were very nice when I e-mailed about reservations and to be sure they were open (and the train running) on Monday's.

Any information would be great, plan to take the ferry to St. George then a bus to Hamilton for the Centre maybe hit the Zoo again later in the day and head back to the dockyard later in the day maybe after dinner in Hamilton. Full day yes but we will rest after we sail back to Boston Tues. :). Thanks as always for everybody's input.

Could only find 1 item for the Oceans Discovery Centre (BLU train combo). We plan to take our grandson to this in Aug. Has anybody done this in the 2017/2018? They were very nice when I e-mailed about reservations and to be sure they were open (and the train running) on Monday's.

Any information would be great, plan to take the ferry to St. George then a bus to Hamilton for the Centre maybe hit the Zoo again later in the day and head back to the dockyard later in the day maybe after dinner in Hamilton. Full day yes but we will rest after we sail back to Boston Tues. :). Thanks as always for everybody's input.

A major portion of your day is going to be spent in commuting if you do the above.

My suggestion would be to take the ferry to Hamilton, do the BUEI experience and Blu train. Then from Hamilton take the bus to the Aquarium, spend time there. On your way back get off in Hamilton, have your dinner and take a ferry back to the dockyard. Or do the Aquarium first and then come back to Hamilton and do the BUEI. The Blu train trips end at 3 pm. Skip St George's or go another day if you can.

I agree with the PP. You will be spending too much time traveling or waiting to travel. The ferry to St George's plus the bus ride to Hamilton will take up to 2 hours in total. The Blue Route ferry (Hamilton <> Dockyard) runs every 90 with the last at 9PM. The alternative itinerary suggestion is good.

SBtS

Thank you for the suggestions. Have not been outside the dock yard the last two trips. Tend to forget the travel time. Maybe look at St. George on Sun. but most things are closed. Just wanted to walk to Fort St. Catherine's with Logan. Has anybody done the Centre?

Thank you for the suggestions. Have not been outside the dock yard the last two trips. Tend to forget the travel time. Maybe look at St. George on Sun. but most things are closed. Just wanted to walk to Fort St. Catherine's with Logan. Has anybody done the Centre?

Just a comment on visiting St George's on Sunday. The Dockyard<>St George's ferry does not run on weekends.

So you would take the ferry to Hamilton, and from Hamilton, a bus or taxi to SG. A taxi will be expensive. The fare for up to 4 paxs would be about $45 plus tip. The fare is high because the Sunday surcharge will be in effect.

The buses run less frequently on Sunday, but I don't see that as a problem; but the last Hamilton > Dockyard ferry departs Hamilton at 6:15PM and the travel time by bus from SG to Hamilton is about 55 minutes. So you would have to depart SG by 5:15PM

I don't think visiting SG on Sunday is a good idea.

SBtS