How many formal nights

robinwatch

I have booked a 14 night Med cruise departing from Southampton on 8th June on Queen Victoria, cruise number V820. Please could someone tell me how many formal nights there will be. I have looked on Cunard website under the relevant section and the information for this cruise is not listed.

:rolleyes:

I have booked a 14 night Med cruise departing from Southampton on 8th June on Queen Victoria, cruise number V820. Please could someone tell me how many formal nights there will be. I have looked on Cunard website under the relevant section and the information for this cruise is not listed.

It's quite simple. On a crossing there are three formals per week and on a cruise there are two. You will have a total of four.

Then you know that the schedule only goes up to V816 at the moment. Plenty of people can and probably will offer very educated guesses, but until Cunard update the schedule nobody can be certain.

How about formal nights on a 13 night cruise (British Isles) 3 or 4?

I would also expect 4 formal nights (and 9 informal nights) on a 13 night British Isles cruise. That's what the online posted dress code schedule showed for last year's 13 night British Isles cruise on Queen Elizabeth (Voyage Q723, July 1-14, 2017).

Regards, John

Thanks HH,

I'm on the 2019 World Cruise, so I don't think I can access this year's calendar?

Kel

Since you are in the US, you can't access the dress code schedules on the UK FAQ site without resorting to vpn tricks to pretend you are in the UK. Here is what I am seeing for Cunard's 2018 world / exotic cruises (round trips from Southampton).

QE: 30 formal 92 informal

QV: 20 formal 55 informal

QM2: 34 formal 86 informal

That works out to almost exactly 2 formal nights per week on QM2. Just slightly less than 2 formal nights per week on QE and QV.

Regards, John

Since you are in the US, you can't access the dress code schedules on the UK FAQ site without resorting to vpn tricks to pretend you are in the UK. Here is what I am seeing for Cunard's 2018 world / exotic cruises (round trips from Southampton).

QE: 30 formal 92 informal

QV: 20 formal 55 informal

QM2: 34 formal 86 informal

That works out to almost exactly 2 formal nights per week on QM2. Just slightly less than 2 formal nights per week on QE and QV.

Regards, John

Thanks so much John,

Just what I was looking for! We enjoy the formal nights, but want to make sure we pack the right combo of clothing.

Thanks again,

Kel:D