Knee Replacements and metal detectors

JRudy33

You probably never "had to show the card" to security because they know "cards" are worthless. Any 6 yr old can make one that looks halfway legit.

Imagine the outrage if someone bypasses security by showing a "Card" while they are concealing a bomb or weapon?

Yup as a matter of fact my 2 yr old granddaughter made it. It’s very professional

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The best part of the hands in the air machines in the airport is that it never shows that it is my knees that sets it off. Once it was my hand another time it was in the middle of my back. But the ship gets me every time.

That's not my understanding of how the body scanners work. Upon exiting the scanner, I have seen the body diagram with an area marked for further scrutiny. In my case, it can be my hip or my back, but it also picked up a wrist watch (showing a red X for the spot on my hand) and the metal groummets on my jeans as well. On more than one occasion, the metal in my body was ignored by the human scanner while the other sites were wanded or given a quick look over.