Independence refurb??

... There was another ship we were on that the elevator went right up into the middle of the Viking lounge and it was always a party up there every night...but can't remember that ship....maybe Navigator??

That was probably a Vision class ship, like Enchantment.

Glad to hear there is a DJ booth in the Viking lounge....I will def let the kids know ....I'm sure they would have found it anyways! :D We were on another ship....I am thinking possibly the Brillance??? That we partied every night in the Viking lounge .....I remember sitting at the bar and it actually rotated! It was crazy! Especially after a few drinks! ;p There was another ship we were on that the elevator went right up into the middle of the Viking lounge and it was always a party up there every night...but can't remember that ship....maybe Navigator??

Not sure when you say “kids” how old they are but there is a minimum age limit of 18 years in the Viking Lounge for the late night, can’t remember whether it is 10pm or 11pm on the notice as you enter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Auto correct typo enroute not reroute

Totally agree, we are on this cruise as well and haven’t found the over crowding that I have read about, we have son, DIL and 2 grandchildren with us and only once have we found it difficult to find a table for 6 in the windjammer [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Kids to me...but actually young adults....21-25! They will be glad to hear there is a DJ up there.....hope their favorite bartender moved up there with the DJ! The same guy has been there in the club the past two years and they told him they would be back! :D He recognized all of us from the previous year! :eek:

There is a DJ booth now in the Viking crown lounge so you will find the DJ there and more than likely you will find your previous cruising friends sat at the bar on the stools. :D:cool:.

They did a much better refurb of the Indy in the Viking Crown with regards providing a DJ booth. The Navigator’s set up is awful as it took away the stage. At least Indy kept their stage for other events in the day time.

Maybe they will redo it again for Navigator when she goes into dry dock in January and add back the stage/DJ area? Assuming they will move Izumi and add the Suite Lounge too.

I'm following this with interest. We'll be on the Indy yet again in February for a music charter and some of the changes are a little disappointing. We had the Labyrinth for nightly karaoke ("until dawn") and I'm wondering where that will be shifted now...maybe the Viking Crown? Or possibly the Solarium, where karaoke has been held the last night of the charter "until docking" due to equipment offload concerns.....

I know our karaoke can't move to the Star Lounge (formerly the Pyramid) because it's in use for concerts all night...and speaking of which, I REALLY wish they could put a small stage in there for shows, but with such a low celling it wouldn't be possible. The sightlines make it almost impossible to actually see the band performing.

Looking forward to seeing the Freestyle Coke machines, though. Hope they're working...and accessible!

I'm following this with interest. We'll be on the Indy yet again in February for a music charter and some of the changes are a little disappointing. We had the Labyrinth for nightly karaoke ("until dawn") and I'm wondering where that will be shifted now...maybe the Viking Crown? Or possibly the Solarium, where karaoke has been held the last night of the charter "until docking" due to equipment offload concerns.....

I know our karaoke can't move to the Star Lounge (formerly the Pyramid) because it's in use for concerts all night...and speaking of which, I REALLY wish they could put a small stage in there for shows, but with such a low celling it wouldn't be possible. The sightlines make it almost impossible to actually see the band performing.

Looking forward to seeing the Freestyle Coke machines, though. Hope they're working...and accessible!

Is it a full charter of the ship? I have only done one full charter ,’ Back to the Eighties’ , earlier this year on Navigator.

Indie has used Studio B occasionally since dry dock for the night club, I think demographic onboard is the deciding factor , you could be pleasantly surprised and find Karaoke is in Viking Crown/ Olive and Twist.

Is it a full charter of the ship? I have only done one full charter ,’ Back to the Eighties’ , earlier this year on Navigator.

Yes, it's a full-ship charter, the 70,000 Tons of Metal music cruise. 60 bands, 4 stages, and the largest open-air stage structure at sea. :)

Indie has used Studio B occasionally since dry dock for the night club, I think demographic onboard is the deciding factor , you could be pleasantly surprised and find Karaoke is in Viking Crown/ Olive and Twist.

Studio B becomes the "icerink stage" for our sailing; it's actually one of the better concert stages we use. Studio B, the main theater, the lounge, and the pool-deck stage.

Viking Crown would be fine for karaoke at night, I think. During the day it's used for press conferences, interviews and autograph sessions.

• 3 months later...
On 7/6/2018 at 4:51 PM, vacationprincess said:

For those of you on Indy now or recently sailed since the refurb... how is getting on and off the ship in port? We are booked on the June 15 - 14 night Southampton round trip on Indy next summer and in ports like Rome, Naples and Florence/Pisa, we want to be able to get off the ship as quickly as possible. Just wondering what your experience has been so far.

We cruised on IOTS two weeks ago the ship sailed full and getting on and off the ship was never a problem.

Embarkation at Southampton was superb we parked the car at 10.15 were in the terminal at 10.25 checked in and boarded within 20 minutes.