Seeking accommodation advice

Newby58

Hi everyone,

I am staying in Waikiki for a week pre cruise before sailing home. This will be my first visit to Hawaii and I will be travelling with my 19 y/o daughter.

There are so many options on where to stay that I don't know where to start. I thought that people who have stayed at a hotel like I describe may be able to recommend one?

I will be touring around Oahu on my own and paid tours and would like a clean, centrally located, not overly expensive hotel, where I can just sleep at night, preferably without a resort fee (or is that asking to much?). A walk to the beach would be fine. I won't be hiring a car and plan to use buses etc.

I have also posted on the Hawaii board.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Check out Trip Advisor .

There is a plethora of choice in Waikiki . When we stayed , we chose a standard room in one of the Outrigger chain of hotels that was one block back from the main street and a short walk to the beach. Most things are within a short level walk in Waikiki , and local tours have convenient pick up points or will pick up and drop off from your hotel.

You also have the option of apartments , if you want a kitchen . Again there is a wide choice although I think they call them condos.

Hi everyone,

I am staying in Waikiki for a week pre cruise before sailing home. This will be my first visit to Hawaii and I will be travelling with my 19 y/o daughter.

There are so many options on where to stay that I don't know where to start. I thought that people who have stayed at a hotel like I describe may be able to recommend one?

I will be touring around Oahu on my own and paid tours and would like a clean, centrally located, not overly expensive hotel, where I can just sleep at night, preferably without a resort fee (or is that asking to much?). A walk to the beach would be fine. I won't be hiring a car and plan to use buses etc.

I have also posted on the Hawaii board.

Cheers,

Cheryl

I stayed at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. Make sure to get one of the front facing oceanview rooms, the view from the balcony is outstanding. Almost next to the zoo, the park, and metres from the beach. Rates are relatively reasonable.

Don't forget that if you are in a motoring organisation, you will usually qualify for their AAA discount.