Just off Allure today!

Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. Wife and I got off Allure this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. In keeping with the "help thy neighbor" theme of these boards, I can answer any questions to the best of my ability. It may take me several hours to answer so be patient. We were first time cruisers so I am no help in comparing Allure to anything else.

Dan&Beth

Are there water slides?

What were people including kids wearing for dinner on formal nights?

No water slides and on formal nights we saw very few shorts, lots of slacks and dress/polo shirts and quite a bit of evening dresses and suits and an occasional tux. Kids were mostly in long pants and 'nice' shirts or dresses.

What were people including kids wearing for dinner on formal nights?

I sailed Allure earlier this month...although there were still who wore shorts in the MDR for dinner, it was less than Ive see in previous cruises which made me happy. Stick to the Royal suggestions for what to wear for dinner and you'll have nothing to worry about.

casual: You're on vacation – relax! Jeans, polos, sundresses and blouses are all the right amount of laid back. Please keep swimwear to the Pool Deck. Shorts are welcomed for breakfast and lunch.

Smart Casual: Think of this as a step up from your typical dinner wear. Dress to impress with collared shirts, dresses, skirts and blouses, or pantsuits. Jackets, sports coats and blazers are snazzy and welcomed.

Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns.

Were you on the Eastern or Western Caribbean itinerary?

Did you see Blue Planet, was it any good?

I love Blue Planet and I assume they haven't made any changes to it since my last visit in 2013. For this show in particular I recommend a balcony seat and it will save wear on your neck as much of this show is above your head. I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I'll post a couple of pics I took in 2011.

flyglobe.jpg

globe.jpg

tree.jpg

There is also a cool rock formation that had 3 trampolines on it and I thought seeing a performer bounce off 3 trampolines was amazing.

We did the western, Nassau, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. Blue Planet was good but not my cup of tea. (the pictures posted by BillOh look just like the show we saw) We really enjoyed Mama Mia, the Headliner and the comedians.

Dan

Could you tell me what night was lobster night? Did they offer a 10 drink card , and if so what day?

Lobster night was the second formal night which I think was Friday night. I do remember seeing something about a 10 beer card, but we had the package so didn't really pay attention. Seems like it was around day 4.

Dan

Did you play any slots....going on her soon and wondering if anyone was having any luck? I hit the Wheel of Fortune on her once for 2 grand.

We didn't play slots and I didn't notice any cheering and screaming around the slots while we were in there.

Dan

About the shows where reservations are taken. Were there many last minute walk up seats available?

They had a separate line for non reservations. I don't know for sure but they would let that line in about 10 minutes before the show after people with reservations had found a seat. I'm not aware if people were turned away or not. For what its worth, the shows do start promptly at the advertised time.