speciality coffees on premium package?

Hi, I have tried to search but can't find the answer. We have had the drinks package before the change so knew how it worked but not sure now it has changed. Can you get premium coffes or fresh juices or are they only on the ultimate package? Only other difference I can see is drinks are now limited to an amount and you get bottled water, am I right? Thanks in advance.

Premium Package

Cost: $55 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

beer

frozen drinks

cocktails including premium brands

house wines by the glass

all non-alcoholic cocktails

fountain soda

juices

Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

​Ultimate Package

Cost: $65 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Premium Package

Cost: $55 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

beer

frozen drinks

cocktails including premium brands

house wines by the glass

all non-alcoholic cocktails

fountain soda

juices

​Ultimate Package

Cost: $65 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Premium coffee

Premium tea

Bottled water

Sparkling water (375ml)

Still water (500ml)

Fresh squeezed orange juice

Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

Frozen cocktails

Beers

Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

The Royal Replenish Package

$20 per guest / per day. Includes:

• Premium Coffee
    • Starbucks coffee from officially licensed Starbucks Store onboard Oasis-class ships is NOT included.
    • Starbucks coffee proudly brewed onboard by trained barista's onboard is included.

[*]Premium Tea

[*]Bottled Water

• Sparkling (375ml)
    • Still (500ml)

[*]Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

[*]Non-Alcoholic Cocktail<LI class=updated>Fresh juice smoothies

[*]Fountain Soda with souvenir cup

Edited by Sabnitron

is the only difference between the $55 package and the $65 package the tea and coffee??

the fresh squeezed juice and sparkling water are included in the $65 but not the $55

Edited by BekkaW

Sorry for piggybacking my question on this thread but it is coffee-related so thought it would be ok.

Does anyone know what how the coffee is served on board (non premium)? Is it a coffee pot or a pot of hot water and sachets of instant coffee, and if the latter, does anyone know what brand?

I queried the coffee on the royal replenish package and RCI categorically said Starbucks is NOT included

Coffee from Starbucks branded counters (only on Oasis and Allure) are not included in the package. Latte-tudes (Royal's version of a coffee house) serves Starbuck coffee (Some ships it is still branded as Seattles Best) and is included in the packages.

Sorry for piggybacking my question on this thread but it is coffee-related so thought it would be ok.

Does anyone know what how the coffee is served on board (non premium)? Is it a coffee pot or a pot of hot water and sachets of instant coffee, and if the latter, does anyone know what brand?

The standard coffee (or the sludge they call coffee) is drip coffee. I find there is no amount of sugar or cream that will save it.

Can you upgrade the package once you're on the ship?

Yes. The will fully credit your previous purchase and have you fully purchase the new package.

My refund went to my seapass and the purchase also went there. My seapass account was secured by a different credit card than what was originally used to buy the package.

I queried the coffee on the royal replenish package and RCI categorically said Starbucks is NOT included

That continued complicated issue (when explained by people who likely haven't been onboard) is why the way of saying it upthread was so brilliant.

• Premium Coffee
    • Starbucks coffee from officially licensed Starbucks Store onboard Oasis-class ships is NOT included.
    • Starbucks coffee proudly brewed onboard by trained barista's onboard is included.

Another person on a ship was told repeatedly that "Starbucks" WAS included, and she was happy because she got it.

But...she was on a Freedom class ship, which doesn't even HAVE a "Starbucks". The people on that ship heard "Starbucks" and thought "Starbucks brand espresso served by baristas at Cafe Promenade" and answered in shorthand.

The people answering your queries are hearing "Starbucks" and thinking "green and white sign, official Starbucks place that takes Starbucks giftcards and is only on Oasis and Allure" and answering based on that.

Are you saying then that this reply from RCI is incorrect? If so my Mum will be happy

Me

3. In the royal replenish package, does this include starbucks?

RCI

3. No, Starbucks coffee from the licensed store onboard is not included.

I think it's, as Sabnitron and Rummenroman have said, only the licensed Starbucks on Oasis and Allure that is excluded. Starbucks coffee served elsewhere is included.

What ship are you on?

Edited by podgeandrodge

We're on adventure of the seas which is what I asked rci about

Then you can get specialty coffee at the bar next to Cafe Promenade. Even if it's Starbuck's brand coffee, it's still incldued in the package.

Are you saying then that this reply from RCI is incorrect? If so my Mum will be happy

It's not even that they were right or wrong. It's that they weren't paying attention* or answering the question in a way that helps you.

You're on Adventure. There is no Starbucks-branded venue. There's the espresso place at what I assume is Cafe Promenade, which isn't "Starbucks". It's an espresso stand that serves what is likely Starbucks espresso and if they are like Freedom they'll have Starbucks cups and even the green straws, but they aren't "Starbucks".

And what they serve IS included in Replenish.

If you were on Oasis or Allure, you could not get a mocha from the "Starbucks" onboard with Replenish or Ultimate, but you could go to the espresso stand elsewhere on the ship and get a Starbucks-espresso-made mocha. And that would be included.

*I recently found that in their FAQs they still state that you have to order the same package for each person in the stateroom. This is NOT true. It hasn't been true since Nov or Dec of last year. I wrote them giving them the URL, giving them the quote, and saying that this needed to be passed along to the website people because it's not true anymore.

They said thanks, we'll pass it along, and then gave me a HUGE blurb about all their new drinks packages.

Um. Yeah. Knew that. The bit thanking me was one sentence long after their long thank you for writing and for your patience blah blah, and the bit about the packages was several paragraphs long. I read through the email a few times before I saw that they had, in fact, acknowledged what I was actually telling them. Was just about to write back asking them to read what I had written, when I finally saw it. A rep paying attention isn't going to include a blurb about drinks packages, when the customer is writing in to correct their website about the drinks packages (which shows they do know about them).

Edited by mollyeilis