Okay guys: How many pairs of shoes are YOU taking on your cruise???

bellybutton530

This may be atypical, but last cruise, I wore my grubby but comfortable tennis shoes for traveling, packed a pair of Vans slip-ons for everyday wear around the ship, a pair of flip-flops for the fitness center, a pair of dress shoes for formal night, and picked up a pair of water shoes for navigating rocky shores in Dominica. So, five.

This may be atypical, but last cruise, I wore my grubby but comfortable tennis shoes for traveling, packed a pair of Vans slip-ons for everyday wear around the ship, a pair of flip-flops for the fitness center, a pair of dress shoes for formal night, and picked up a pair of water shoes for navigating rocky shores in Dominica. So, five.

13 pairs

One pair of clean sneakers on my feet (the ones I am wearing at check-in dressed in my blue jeans), a pair of black dress shoes for formal night, and a pair of multi-purpose brown dress loafers for the rest of the times I'm not wearing the others mentioned.

Unfortunately I have to take around 7 pairs to make my finicky feet happy and to avoid the aches and pains. Men's shoes are all so heavy - I'd like to take more but don't want to cart around all that stuff:

1.& 2. Two pair of sneakers or hiking shoes needed so I can change to a slightly different fitting pair after a long walk or a long day in one pair.

3. Dress shoes

4. Sandals - nice leather ones to wear around the ship and other places

5. Sandals - cheap plastic ones to wear to the beach.

6. Water shoes if a rocky beach is on the tour list

7. Fins to wear while snorkeling - yeah I know these aren't really "shoes" but they weigh more and take up more space!

On our Europe cruises where we're not doing water activities I can pare the list back to 4.

Unfortunately I have to take around 7 pairs to make my finicky feet happy and to avoid the aches and pains. Men's shoes are all so heavy - I'd like to take more but don't want to cart around all that stuff:

1.& 2. Two pair of sneakers or hiking shoes needed so I can change to a slightly different fitting pair after a long walk or a long day in one pair.

3. Dress shoes

7. Fins to wear while snorkeling - yeah I know these aren't really "shoes" but they weigh more and take up more space!

On our Europe cruises where we're not doing water activities I can pare the list back to 4.

Number 7 made me LOL! :D

I don't take 'dress shoes' per se, I take a set of black and brown slip-on shoes that I wear with my formal and causal outfits. I take a pair of sandels, slippers and a pair of tennis. If I'm going to hike in a park or rough area, I'll take a pair low hiking shoes.

5-6 pair max.

For dressy, black or brown shoes.....nice to be a man and get away with basics.

Edit: I just read the women's section of shoes...heck, there are women taking 3 pair of shoes. So much for my comment!

Den

3. Dress shoes

How many suitcases do you take?

I'm the guy who started the women's shoe thread, so I guess it's fair to respond. (going on a 14 day TA in April)

What I'm NOT taking:

-For the first time I'm NOT taking formal dress shoes(no tux, just a sport coat)

-For the first time I'm NOT taking rubber water shoes.

-For the first time I'm NOT taking dress shoes.

-For the first time I'm NOT taking casual loafers.

I AM taking flip flops for pool and hot tub.

I found a pair of black New Balance cross trainers that look good enough to wear with slacks and sport coat. They are replacing 3 pairs of shoes. So I will be wearing them and pack ONLY the flip flops.:cool:

When you wear size 14 gunboats space and weight are a challenge.;)

When you wear size 14 gunboats space and weight are a challenge.;)

Rotaryscotty, your post made me LOL because my husband's shoe size is 13, so every pair of shoes he packs is a major decision :)

I, on the other hand, have a shoe size of 5 and don't have that problem :)

He is also 6'1" and I am only 5'5", which explains part of the difference.

***2***

1 pair Black Dress Shoes

1 Pair Deck(Boat) Shoes

I would never go anywhere without Deck shoes....They can worn almost anywhere. Look great in long or short pants, great for the beach, sailing, I even use them on Mild hiking trips. Slip right on and off so no need for flip flops/sandals.

Archived