Easter cruise

Twolittleboys

I am still debating on which cruise we might go on next year. Boys are 9 and 7 and far we have done two Med cruises. I would love to go to the Caribbean next year but the only time that this would work is Easter. How busy are the ships at Easter? On our previous two cruises there were only about 100 kids on the ship and the kids club was pretty intimate - which my boys liked. I assume this would be quite different at Easter. Is it a complete madhouse?

Ships are full most every sailing. There will be Easter activities for the kids. Cruising at Easter is really no different from any other time. The only downside may be if you port on a Sunday...most things will be shut for Easter.

Sorry I forgot to mention - we went on Royal Caribbean the last two times and I would probably stay with them. I am just not sure how my boys would like the kids club if it is a madhouse.

On our prior cruises the ships were full and there were children but as it was rather early in the season and in the Med there really weren't very many kids. Generally, there were about 20 to 30 kids at a time in Adventure Ocean (and that was with the 6-8 and 9-11 year olds combined).

If anyone has experience with both version (i.e. loads of kids vs. a smaller number) it would be great to hear about it. I assume a cruise on HAL or Celebrity would have less kids even in March?

The key to there being fewer children is picking a line like Celebrity. I did an Easter cruise on her and there were kids but only 300 not 1000 like on some of the megaships.

Also- the more expensive the cruise they fewer the children. So you may want to do a 10 night cruise and have them miss a day or two of school.

Unfortunately, they can't miss any school as they are very strict about that here. However, they do have a two week vacation so a 10 day cruise would fit in. Still, I couldn't find one on Royal Caribbean that would work...

I definitely think they might not enjoy a cruise with 1000 kids so maybe we will have to forget about a cruise at Easter:(

We did a Celebrity cruise Easter week a couple of years ago. It was out of Miami. This was our first time cruising, so I had nothing to compare it to. There were definitely a lot of children on board, but the kid's clubs didn't seem crazy. My two youngest were 6 and 9 at the time. They both spent time in their respective club and really enjoyed it. It was a 5 night cruise and we got back the day before Easter.

We cruised on the 4 night Majesty sailing at Easter week and it was not crazy. Now granted Maj is the smallest, oldest ship but our kids (7 & 12 at the time)had a great time. We were in a port each day and they found plenty to do in the evenings. DD (7) LOVED AO and it did not seem too crowded or out of control. It was their first cruise so they did not "miss" all the bells and whistles of the newer ships. Maybe doing a 4 nighter and then a 5 or 7 nighter if you want to go for your full vacation time.

Archived