Potential fog delays today for Rhapsody in Venice

I just received an email that our embarkation could be delayed today due to fog. What are your experiences on this, and how do i keep track of my ship's status? My orig plan was to head straight to terminal after i checked out of my hotel at 10:30am, but now im not sure anymore..Thank you in advance

...We are here in Venice.

Edited by stickyshocker
missing detail

It is not *potential* it is pitch grey fog with visibility of some 20 m only here on Rhapsody, sitting like a lame duck 12,5km out of Venice. The port authorities have closed the port of Venice. The good side- all you late flight arrivals will make it today:cool:

Finally, someone who can shed the light.. Its 9:30 am here, i wonder where you guys are right now..

Im about to check out of our hotel and head straight to the terminal..

Finally, someone who can shed the light.. Its 9:30 am here, i wonder where you guys are right now..

Im about to check out of our hotel and head straight to the terminal..

Do not check-out now. It is 09:57am, still dead in the water out of Venice. Captain said when the port authorities lift the denial to enter V. it takes some1,5hrs until docking. After that- well you know how long the disembarkation process takes. Stay in the hotel lobby. The fog is still as thick as as as :eek:

Do not check-out now. It is 09:57am, still dead in the water out of Venice. Captain said when the port authorities lift the denial to enter V. it takes some1,5hrs until docking. After that- well you know how long the disembarkation process takes. Stay in the hotel lobby. The fog is still as thick as as as :eek:

Not much of a lobby here since we're only staying at a B&B, l'll prolly leave my luggage and walk around.. I guess this has to have a domino effect on our itineraries...This is our first in Venice, this happen all the time?

According to marinetraffic, now 4 cruise ships waiting outside of Venice in the Adriatic Sea

Zoo time for all of us later on..(Sail away prolly midnite, damn they might cut one port out)

How was your embarkation last week?

Can't help but get wary of my own debark next week..

Smooth last week and-

Do not panic, they will now open the restaurants and there will be no food left for the wannabe new cruisers

Update-they now announce to start showing movies in the theater at 11am. Do you imagine what that means? And they start trivias about which port ever had the thickest fog. We are doomed.

Edited by salmonoftheseas

Smooth last week and-

Do not panic, they will now open the restaurants and there will be no food left for the wannabe new cruisers

Update-they now announce to start showing movies in the theater at 11am. Do you imagine what that means? And they start trivias about which port ever had the thickest fog. We are doomed.

Im out the door walkin at Strada Nouva, just activated my data( yeah its gonna hit the fan now).. Feel free to indulge at WJ so the fresh cruisers get the Chops tonight..

Im out the door walkin at Strada Nouva, just activated my data( yeah its gonna hit the fan now).. Feel free to indulge at WJ so the fresh cruisers get the Chops tonight..

Errm-we are b2b and Chops is already booked out for tonight:halo:

P.S. Still bathing the hull of RH in the Adriatic Sea

I remember how bad the fog gets in Venice. On our Serenade Aug. '13 we had just finished breakfast in the WJ and suddenly the fog rolls in. Look out the balcony and can't see anything not even the Holland America ship docked across from us. It lasted maybe an hour or so before it lifted.

I remember how bad the fog gets in Venice. On our Serenade Aug. '13 we had just finished breakfast in the WJ and suddenly the fog rolls in. Look out the balcony and can't see anything not even the Holland America ship docked across from us. It lasted maybe an hour or so before it lifted.

Its 1:45 here in Venice, this is bad

Had email update saying only to arrive between 7pm and 10pm. Theres only so much walking around with cases you can do so we are in the terminal - they have given us sandwiches and everyone should have a letter to indicate who boards first. Will see how many stick to that though our flight yesterday had to abort our landing due to fog but it cleared around 3pm. A lot thicker today though. Hey ho it is what it is

Had email update saying only to arrive between 7pm and 10pm. Theres only so much walking around with cases you can do so we are in the terminal - they have given us sandwiches and everyone should have a letter to indicate who boards first. Will see how many stick to that though �� our flight yesterday had to abort our landing due to fog but it cleared around 3pm. A lot thicker today though. Hey ho it is what it is

I didn't get the letter.(where i get one?)

We are too tired to walk , dont know where to go.

Btw, they offer freewifi?