Horizon European cruise vat on drinks package

niccynoo66

Hi,

Having checked some old threads that are now closed I can not find the answer !

Does the 10 % vat on the bottomless bubbles package apply per drink or on the package price ? When trying to buy on line it does not add the 10 % on to the total so am a bit unsure, even the lady at carnival was unsure when I called them. She went to check with a manager but never came back to me. I phoned back and the second lady said I do not pay the tax when I pre pay the package but pay the tax on board :confused:

thanks,

nicky

Carnival probably isn't sure.

ON another note, I think VAT will apply to purchases in the shops, spa, specialty restaurants, etc, since last time I looked, none of the ports on the Med cruises were outside of the EU. Probably not on shore excursions since VAT would already be included.

I can tell you this from the Vista cruises after Turkey was cancelled, they could not figure out what they were doing with the VAT tax. On some they added the tax to every drink after Cheers was purchased and some they didn’t . I remember reading threads prior to my cruises that it was a total cluster****.

I know on my last 2 Meds and TA, we were able to bring on any and all alcohol we wanted at all ports and they no longer sold Cheers.

I can tell you this from the Vista cruises after Turkey was cancelled, they could not figure out what they were doing with the VAT tax. On some they added the tax to every drink after Cheers was purchased and some they didn’t . I remember reading threads prior to my cruises that it was a total cluster****.

I know on my last 2 Meds and TA, we were able to bring on any and all alcohol we wanted at all ports and they no longer sold Cheers.

I was so thankful that we got Turkey back for ours after the reports from the initial cruises.

I wanted to know the answer to this. I posted on John Healds page but didn't get an answer.

I've bought Cheers anyway for the inaugural so I'll come back & post, unless you are also on that & then we'll find out together.

I wanted to know the answer to this. I posted on John Healds page but didn't get an answer.

I've bought Cheers anyway for the inaugural so I'll come back & post, unless you are also on that & then we'll find out together.

Hi,

we are on the inaugural too :) i think I am going to buy the package and see what happens. We had it on the Vista med cruise and it was just really convenient for the children ,

thanks, I appreciate the help !

Nicky x

Hi,

we are on the inaugural too :) i think I am going to buy the package and see what happens. We had it on the Vista med cruise and it was just really convenient for the children ,

thanks, I appreciate the help !

Nicky x

I’ll see you at the Alchemy bar I’m sure

Michelle x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums