Disembarkation in Copenhagen

mauinoel

Doing the last Breakaway Baltic cruise of 2018 that starts and ends in Copenhagen.

Our flight home isn't until 3:40pm, but we're considering something where we'd need to be in town by 9am. Probably too close with 7am docking time, right?

For embarkation, I know we're supposed to be on by 3pm (2 hours in advance), so what's the latest we can get to the port - 2pm?

By the way, already started chatting with Red October for a small group tour in St. Petersburg (just the two of us was a little pricey), so if anyone else wants to join, let me know...or if anyone else can suggest a reputable private tour company where were could have 2 very full days for around $400 or less per person, let me know.

We did that cruise in September. Getting off was very hectic. We did not do express with our own bags ..but did have first tags with our Platinum status. Traffic was very bad that day for some reason. They suggested we use the HOHO bus rather than try to take a taxi. We were spending another night in Copenhagen so we’re not in a rush but I am sure that it would have been difficult that day to be in town by 9.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

Hey MauiNoel - How'd it go?  My parents need to disembark the ship as soon as possible on disembarkation day as they have a 10:40am flight.  Curious what time you were able to disembark, what day of the week (if you remember) and how was grabbing a taxi?  Thanks in advance for your time!  Or anyone else have any input?  Know its too close but changing their flights is too costly.  No other ships in port that day thankfully and its a Saturday.

Edited by KDar
added more info

Hi!

Disembarkation was super easy. We took our own bags and were off in minutes. I was giving our bags to a service to hold at the airport and my husband got in line for the taxis. Be forewarned, if you try something like that, you can’t come back into the terminal. The taxi line was LONG but it was because it was the last cruise of the season. The taxi guys said the week before there was no wait at all. Despite the line which took about an hour, we got to where we needed to be on time. 

Thank you so much for the quick response!  Sounds like they'll be fine.  I'll see if they are the last cruise of the season.  Much appreciated and safe travels to you!!