New to Celebrity - some help required

ScotchBoy

Hi there. We have cruised before, mostly with P&O but we are particularly keen on an itinerary on the Millennium. We are confused about some stuff - can anyone help?

1. Do you pay an additional charge of 18% each time you order a beverage on the Classic Package?

2. If you have the Classic Package, can you order anything above US$9 per glass? If you can, do you pay the full amount for that particular beverage, or just the difference?

3. Do Celebrity ships carry Jameson Irish Whisky?

4. Does the Classic Package include any South African wines?

5. Are there any charges for Room Service?

6. Is it possible to have just coffee from Room Service when I wake up, i.e. no food?

Thanks.

Hi there. We have cruised before, mostly with P&O but we are particularly keen on an itinerary on the Millennium. We are confused about some stuff - can anyone help?

1. Do you pay an additional charge of 18% each time you order a beverage on the Classic Package?

2. If you have the Classic Package, can you order anything above US$9 per glass? If you can, do you pay the full amount for that particular beverage, or just the difference?

3. Do Celebrity ships carry Jameson Irish Whisky?

5. Are there any charges for Room Service?

6. Is it possible to have just coffee from Room Service when I wake up, i.e. no food?

Thanks.

1. No

2. I believe the current policy is you just pay the difference between the price of the drink above $9 plus 18% of the difference.

3 & 4. Will vary from ship to ship / itinerary to itinerary but probably.

5. No but people usually tip a dollar or two or more depending on the order.

6. Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 18% gratuity is included in the Classic Package. If you order a drink above the limit you pay the difference + 18% on that amount.

There is no charge for room service except for very late at night through very early in the morning. It is a small amount, around $5 to $6 I think.

Yes, you can have just coffee delivered to your stateroom in the morning.

We don't drink whiskey so can't help you there. We always have the Premium Package so don't pay a lot of attention to wines on the Classic Package. If you find the Classic Package isn't working for you, you can upgrade on board for $10 + 18% gratuity. You do not have to do it when you board, if you wait a day or 2 you would pay for the remaining days. There is a cutoff time to upgrade.

1. Do you pay an additional charge of 18% each time you order a beverage on the Classic Package? No

2. If you have the Classic Package, can you order anything above US$9 per glass? If you can, do you pay the full amount for that particular beverage, or just the difference? Yes, only the difference plus 18% gratuity.

3. Do Celebrity ships carry Jameson Irish Whisky? Yes and the various items can be viewed at X's website.

4. Does the Classic Package include any South African wines? Yes, yet specific availability is based on sailing.

5. Are there any charges for Room Service? Yes, only during a specific time frame at night/dawn, on website (or someone will chime in with specific times and charges).

6. Is it possible to have just coffee from Room Service when I wake up, i.e. no food? Yes, just mark it only on the order card or TV order.

Thanks.

bon voyage

They have had Jameson on every Celebrity cruise I've done. I've never seen a south African wine but they might have one in Cellar Masters or in one of the dining rooms. Doubtful if will be included on the classic package though. The regular bars don't stock a lot of wine so your selection will be much more limited at those locations. You can also bring two bottles on board if you have a particular wine you like.

The 18% gratuity is included in the Classic Package. If you order a drink above the limit you pay the difference + 18% on that amount.

There is no charge for room service except for very late at night through very early in the morning. It is a small amount, around $5 to $6 I think.

Yes, you can have just coffee delivered to your stateroom in the morning.

We don't drink whiskey so can't help you there. We always have the Premium Package so don't pay a lot of attention to wines on the Classic Package. If you find the Classic Package isn't working for you, you can upgrade on board for $10 + 18% gratuity. You do not have to do it when you board, if you wait a day or 2 you would pay for the remaining days. There is a cutoff time to upgrade.

Agree with ChezMaryLou...consider upgrading to premium once on board. If you have OBC it can be used to do this and will open a lot more possibilities for you. No need to pay extra gratuity if you don't want if you stay within the package as it's already included. Any room service (including coffee) should probably be given $1-$2 gratuity.

Celebrity used to offer a Cabernet from South Africa by the glass that would be covered by the classic package. I believe it was produced under the Excelsior label. Again, as others have stated, this may be ship specific and may change at any time.